[SYMBIAN][v0.9.6] semperXbmc, a remote control app for Symbian in Qt/QML
has anyone tried this on E51?
i tried but something goes wrong with QT-components things, can you help me with all dependecies required for this program to work on my E51

thanks
Hi! Thanks for the wonderful application! However, I'm unable to use it to its full potential, since my C7 is giving me "Cannot connect to JSON-RPC..."

I've carefully tried to do things listed on this thread (and elsewhere). No authentication, http port 8080, event port 9777. I'm using the latest version of sempre XBMC with Xbian (raspberry pi). I doubt the issue is my distro, since android + other devices can access the libraries with no prob.

Is there something I've missed? I haven't tried opening ports. I wouldn't know which ports to open to which ip anyway.

Thanks!
Well to reply my own message.. I think it's something to do with me using OpenElec on Raspberry Pi. SemperXBMC works just fine with a "normal" XBMC.
You may need to check your connection settings. I've just set up my Pi, running xbian, with my E7 and it works a treat now I've changed the port to 80 (instead of 8080) and set the user as xbmc.
Actually, raspi is using a pre-frodo version of xbmc, so the 0.9.5 release version of semperXbmc won't work (the JSON part).

The git does work, though. I'll release a beta soon.
Hi guys...

I wanna find out if this app works on the Sony Ericsson Satio. It sports the symbian s60 5th edition OS.

Tried installing the app but I'm not getting anything working. Doesn't show in my menu or nothing to show I can start it up.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx
Using this on Nokia C7 with most recent xbmc (git, today) both on htpc (debian) and raspberrypi (raspbian) -> works great. THANK YOU!!!!
It says "no json to [ip]" but everything seems to work GREAT, even better than the http remote control. Again, thanks!

(This actually makes my mobile phone worth something - I was already starting to look at a new phone but now - XBMC REMOTE!!!)
(2012-10-18, 02:44)Koying Wrote: Actually, raspi is using a pre-frodo version of xbmc, so the 0.9.5 release version of semperXbmc won't work (the JSON part).

The git does work, though. I'll release a beta soon.

Thank you very much good sir! Now it works like a blast on C7 Smile
You're welcome.
Note that I "de-commisionned" my C7, so, unless Qt for Android reach a usable point, there won't be further updates to this..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SYMBIAN][v0.9.6] semperXbmc, a remote control app for Symbian in Qt/QML1