change default player in pop-up menu
Using Cirrus Extended v2 skin
When I bring up the context menu for a movie and select play using, there are 2 choices available (DVD player which is the default and Windows Media Center).
I would like to have the Windows Media Center as the default choice, where is the setting to do this? I have been unable to find it.
I don't want to change this to the default player for all movies, as I have playercorefactory.xml set up to use WMC for my DRM files. I just want to have it default to WMC when I select a DRM file without having to bring up the context menu and select WMC to play the file. Thanks.
You need a rule in your playercorefactory.xml to automatically select Media Center just for DRM files. Then you don't need to use the context menu. Just play and let playercorefactory.xml decide whether to use Media Center of the internal player. The easiest solution would probably to put something in the file name to indicate this is a DRM protected file.

JR
Thanks, by adding _DRM to the end of the file name and setting *_DRM* as the file name in playercorefactory it worked.
I guess I was a little quick to say this worked. What is happening is all video files are being played with Windows Media Center. Not just the files specified in playercorefactory. Here is my playercorefactory file:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Media Center" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="*_DRM.*" player="Media Center"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Why wouldn't just the files with names like video1_DRM.wmv be played by WMC, and all others be played normally in XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change default player in pop-up menu0