TV Show library woes
Hey guys,

I continue to have problems with the TV Show library populating in XBMC.

ATV 4.3.3
XBMC 10.0-9 Pre-Eden
data in USB External HDD via Windows Network SMB
TVDB scraper

Things I've tried:
1. Delete all sources and re-import
2. On HDD: Took out TV Shows from "Videos" folder and left as stand alone source
3. Set TV Shows source as such in the Set Content menu
4. On HDD: files are structured this way:
TV Shows
-TV Show 1
-tv.show.s01e1.avi
-tv.show.s01e2.avi
-TV Show 2
-tv.show.s01e1.avi
-tv.show.s01e2.avi

XBMC says it is scanning the source giving no errors, yet the TV Show library is still "Greyed" out in the settings and not visible on the main menu.
55 views and not one reply......guess I'm stuck in the water
Check here, library section
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581

[NEW] Library scraping does not appear to be working properly. The extent to which it is not working has not been fully reported.

Better to scrape with mac/win32 i guess
any update on this issue? any other "tricks" I can try to get this to work?
CinemaPat Wrote:any update on this issue? any other "tricks" I can try to get this to work?

Did you try the unofficial semi-nightly build from the 22nd? Seems to be the most recent and kinda fixes scraping. It mostly works, but is slow.

There was a big change to the way scraping works/interfaces with XBMC semi-recently, which is why there's been so many odd issues with it lately.
Thanks, I've been a bit weary about moving to the nightlies, I'd rather have a stable build to use, but I may jump ship soon and try it out
CinemaPat Wrote:Thanks, I've been a bit weary about moving to the nightlies, I'd rather have a stable build to use, but I may jump ship soon and try it out

There are no stable builds for XBMC. All of the builds are using pre-release dev code. In theory the "official" dev builds are more stable because someone from Team-XBMC builds it rather than "some guy", but lately there really hasn't been much of a difference and Keith is pretty good at it. In my own experience the build from the 22nd is just as stable (if not more) as the last official dev build.
Thanks! Can you help me understand one thing?

INSTRUCTIONS:
After you've installed the official XBMC build, SSH into your atv2 (IP is under System > System Info in XBMC) and type:

wget (use url below for ATV2)
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
rm latest_atv2.deb

where in the "System Info" file do I type the above?
CinemaPat Wrote:Thanks! Can you help me understand one thing?

INSTRUCTIONS:
After you've installed the official XBMC build, SSH into your atv2 (IP is under System > System Info in XBMC) and type:

wget (use url below for ATV2)
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
rm latest_atv2.deb

where in the "System Info" file do I type the above?

You need to log onto the atv2 with a secure shell (SSH) client (putty is a good one for windows).

If the above sentence has confused you, might be better to wait for a new official dev release, the second point in the nightly prerequisites is a good indicator.
"2. NON COMMAND LINE FRIENDLY. I am enforcing this heavily. If you need to ask about any unix commands, you shouldn't be on this build, otherwise we will delete your post."
I got the July 22nd nightly running and it's all working pretty well. XBMC was crashing when opening IceFilms via the shortcut menu on the Simplicity skin. Works fine if I go through the add on directly.

IRT the TV Show library. I double checked my naming conventions and found there were still some cleaning to be done which is why the scraper wasn't recognizing my TV Shows. All is fixed now and I have my TV Show library populated! Yeah me!
Hi, I think i may have had the exact same problem as you're experiencing.
Try and change the folder permissions to +777, or rw access to everyone, also to folder contents. let me know if this helps...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show library woes0