Some help for a newcomer
I have been using Mediacentermaster with Media Browser for some time now and decided to trying out XBMC. After 2 days of reading different stuff and checking out different threads on the forum i have a question i wasnt really able to answer.I also use sites like fileserve and filesonic to get my stuff with Jdownloader and have no intention of using torrents or newsgroups.

Here is my current folder setup using my current software

- Downloads (MCM monitored folder)
-TV\TV show name\Season X\file.avi
-Movies\Movie name\movie.avi

I would like to use the less 3rd party/addon software possible to manage my library. I only have TV and Movies. I would like to have something as close to "set and forget" as possible. This would be to replace MCM since its not fully compatible with XBMC. The main reason i used MCM was for the Download Parser that would scan my Download folder, rename, and move the file to either TV or Movies folder. I read about EMM and got it but i dont think it monitors, scrapes and moves files to there proper place in the library automatically. i dont know if this would be a solution? Basically Automatic organization is what im looking for. I thought about using MCM in conjuction with other tools but i dont want all the extra metadata used for WMC, so MCM is a no go if i move to XBMC

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
there is one thing I would add to the way you intend to have your data organized, where you have Movies\Movie Name\movie.avi I would add the year of release so will save some effort by helping to ensure you are grabbing the correct info.

Movies/MovieName(year)/movieName(year).avi and your also going to want to make sure you scan your files recursively to get down within the folders to grab the info.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Yeah i have them like that right now. Smile i should have written it exactly in the format i had it.

I don't use it myself since my XBMC use is 99% movies, but a good friend of mine has had very good luck integrating Media Center Master into XBMC. When you say MCM isn't "compatible with XBMC" I'm not really sure what you mean. It torrents and scrapes in the background and is capable of creating XBMC compatible NFO files... what isn't compatible?
Offtopic @ IsleOfMan - where abouts are you based as I'm in Onchan.....
@ IsleOfMan

I know its compatible to a certain extent but the problem is all the leftover xml files it leaves, the jpg file it renames to folder-bak.jpg . So i wanted to find something that will leave my folders with only the necessary info. I thought i could maybe make a batch file to delete the extra stuff also. What do you use to keep your media organized?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some help for a newcomer0