.nfo Info Help
Still a beginner and much to learn, but just found out how to add Movie Sets and that required editing of the .nfo. Worked that out by Exporting movies and then placing them itno their own title folder.

The question I have is that when I next add a new movie, will it auto create it's own .nfo when XBMC updates and adds it to the library or do I need to have a script running to make sure I get the .nfo added to the folder?

Thank you Smile
You have to export yout library and then choose "export to seperate files". Then a nfo file will be created for each movie.
flobbes Wrote:You have to export yout library and then choose "export to seperate files". Then a nfo file will be created for each movie.

Yep have already done that, but what I'm asking is when I add new movies do I have to again Export to get the .nfo & other files for that movie?
Star 
PetSue Wrote:Yep have already done that, but what I'm asking is when I add new movies do I have to again Export to get the .nfo & other files for that movie?
You don't Have to export, the .nfo is already in the internal library, but if you want to edit the .nfo then you'll need to export as single file .. do your modifications.. pick refresh from the information page, and when asked to refresh from the internet or from the locally found .nfo, pick local and it will pick up your changes. This also has the dual benefit of keeping information with your media, should a re-scrape be needed.
If all your using nfo's for is sets then you didn't need to export your library you could have used a very simple nfo with the set tag and URL for that movie, alternatively you could use "XWMM" which makes the changes in the db so no nfo's required this is by far the fastest and simplest method

You could also use an external scraper to scan your media create nfo's and manage sets something like "Ember" preferably before you add them to XBMC so there's no need to refresh stuff

Exporting your library all the time then making changes then refreshing so the changes are added to the db is the long way of doing things
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
XWMM is the way to go like >>X<< said, fastest and easiest.

Go in the add-ons sections in settings, look for web interface addons and activate it as the web interface, then just open a browser and go on your xbmc machine's IP (and port)
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thanks guys appreciate the help and understand it a whole lot more now thank you Smile

XVMM look good, will have a read thank you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo Info Help0