• 4(current)
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more
thank you for reporting. I changed some things to dependency's recently, and instead of installing git core, I made it to install git, but that doesn't have the git clone command. That's what went wrong (and is wrong in all my installers. Changing it now. Fixed in a minute.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Rerun LaSi.sh and it's installed in no time.

Ow, and I recommend to not change the ip-adres. Leave it to 0.0.0.0 if you want other pc's to find yours when your ipadres changes. You can connect to it by using http://hostname:port/. To find out what your hostname is just type hostname in a terminal.
Thanks.

I appreciate your work very much, makes installing all this so much easier.

Keep up the good work.

Any chance you can eloborate a bit on the periscope to sickbeard solution? It's the only thing that I can't get to work 100%... to get periscope automatically to look for subs once sickbeard have downloaded an episode..

Thanks again for your hard work, us Linux noobs appreciate it very much.
Periscope will only work if you choose not to rename your tv-shows. There is one provider that does hashing of files (opensubtitles.org), but that is not very complete and/or fast with releasing subs.

Also, if you follow a tvshow, the moment Sickbeard will download a TV Show, it is most likely that there are not subs yet for that show. So this will only work for backlog-searches.

Better is to schedule periscope every six hours or so to scan your directory with movie-files and search for subs. The periscope installer supports adding a cronjob for this, and will install all the files needed for that.

But remember to keep original filenames (xbmc will clean 'm up for you in the library-view, so it doesn't bother really).

And for running periscope immediately after sickbeard downloaded a file, see this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=864...stcount=41
Just wanted to say a big thanks for supplying this awesome script!

Just installed Headphones on my Ubuntu 10.04 Server in matter of seconds!

Can't recommend enough!
Does LaSi edit init.ubuntu?

Sickbeard wont update because init.ubuntu has been changed Sad

Sep-13 23:24:30 INFO CHECKVERSION :: Checking if git needs an update
Sep-13 23:21:28 INFO CP Server Thread-11 :: Output: From https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard
Sep-13 23:21:28 ERROR CP Server Thread-11 :: Unable to update from git: error: Your local changes to 'init.ubuntu' would be overwritten by merge. Aborting.
AA
AAUpdating 61192cc..4e4ba23
AAPlease, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
AAerror: Your local changes to 'init.ubuntu' would be overwritten by merge. Aborting.
I have the same problem, can't update Sickbeard.

Anyone found an easy solution to this? I would hate to have to reinsall my working setup..
Code:
git stash
git pull

I also changed the installer, it won't write in that file anymore, for future (re)installs this problem wouldn't occur anymore. Thx for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience Smile
n/m.. figured it out.

Thanks for your hard work! Rock on
Do this in terminal:
Code:
cd /path/to/sickbeard
git stash
git pull

That fixes everything and brings you up2date.
just using the for the first time and have had a somewhat frustrating experience.

I have come to the conclusion that some of the files must have changed.

Most programmes work ok but have but have had problems with SB and CP

sickbeard daemon comman d appears to be wrong so doesnt start unless manually run.

the couchpotato directory seems to be larley empty and also doesnt run until I replace the contents of my own downloaded version into .couchpotato
Could you post your terminal output?
I installed CP and SickBeard just now in a vm (ubuntu minimal server 11.04) to see if things were broken, but both installed fine. The only thing since yesterdays init.ubuntu 'fix' was that the python-path in sickbeards daemon was empty, but fixed it now. Couchpotato installed fine.
Hi,

Would it be possible to have the functionality to upgrade/update Headphones built into the LaSi script installer?

Or is it the same as Sickbeard?

git stash
git pull

Thanks!
Yes can build that in, but its the same as this command:
Code:
git --git-dir=/path/to/headphones/.git pull
Sickbeard can be updated from the webinterface too of course

If you need easier setup you can use the .deb files I made recently, those are here:
Then, if you need an update from git, you could just type 'headphones --force-update' @ commandline or enable webupdates in the settingsfile.

You can download the .debfile here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/LaSi_re...phones.deb
replace headphones with sickbeard or couchpotato for .debfiles for that programs.
Hi,

Thanks again for your prompt response!

I went to update Headphones using Git but unfortunately I received the following:

error: Your local changes to 'headphonesinit.d' would be overwritten by merge. Aborting.

I'm guessing the way they have this start at boot has changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Yes, correct. do
Code:
git stash && git pull

Right now I am rewriting all my "apps-from-github"-scripts so this wont happen anymore in the future. Everything will be unchanged, data and config is saved outside the programfolder, so it will be much easier to maintain sources/configs/backups etc. Check my debfiles. My installscripts will be using the .debfiles too, so things will change a bit, but for the better.

Also that way it's easier for me to maintain those installers.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more1