• 5(current)
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more
Aloha, any updates on the script? I would love to install headphones on my server but the script can no longer do it. And I don't want to use the .deb files..

Thanks in advance!
Yes, the script is completely updated. But... it uses debfiles for installing. If you want the old scripts, use the ones in this zipfile: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/old_LaSi.zip

I won't support the old scripts anymore, as debfiles are much easier to maintain.

I only support the new way of installing:
Code:
wget -O LaSi.sh http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/LaSi/LaSi.sh && sudo chmod +x LaSi.sh && ./LaSi.sh

Can I ask why you don't want to use debfiles? It's much better then just installing it with a normal script, it has the advantage of apt-control, so you can remove, purge or reinstall with sudo apt-get and dependencys will be uninstalled also if you decide not to use a program anymore.

I also dropped AlbumIdentify and use Beets now and I added Transmission and XBMC.
Thanks!

Just tried the new script and it worked like a charm.

What I meant with .deb files that I wanted to run it all through an excellent script like yours instead of having to download .deb files and run them manually etc.. I don't mind .deb per se.. =)

Thanks for your hard work.. and yes I am a Lazy Admin...
Great. Glad you like it and are lazy enough to use these... Wink
Anyone know of a similar script or app for win?
Just to say thanks for what your doing! It's much appreciated!
spyvingen Wrote:Anyone know of a similar script or app for win?

Maybe you could ask the writers of Ninite for that?

http://ninite.com/

@ the bottom of the screen is a requestform for apps. popular requests will be added.

@SolidCactus: Thx! Wink
Mar2zz Wrote:Maybe you could ask the writers of Ninite for that?

http://ninite.com/

@ the bottom of the screen is a requestform for apps. popular requests will be added.

@SolidCactus: Thx! Wink
added them there now hope thay will provide it.
Would love a script that also helps out with the configs.
I would like a py script that has a menu like this and after install it will ask me where to store downloads series movies music and so on and then makes tha appropriate configfiles so the basics of config is all set.
Thumbs Up 
To bad for you I can't write python (only read and adjust code a little)...

Today I pushed a nice update to the LaSi installer.

Changes:
1. The feature to install unattended (none or very little questions asked):
Code:
./LaSi.sh --fast

2. The feature to install multiple apps @ once: In the menu just enter multiple numbers and all will be installed (together with --fast this is really fast Smile )

3. The feature to set cronjobs for update-checking (hourly, daily, weekly or monthly). These can also be set together with the --fast option, unattended or set by app:
Code:
./LaSi.sh --cronjob=ask|hourly|daily|weekly|monthly

So installing 10 apps under 3 minutes:
Code:
./LaSi.sh --fast --cronjob=weekly

Code:
mars@laptop:~/LaSi$ ./LaSi.sh -h

usage: ./LaSi.sh --options

OPTIONS:
    --fast | -f         : install unattended (no info shown and no confirmations needed)
                          (note: Beets, Spotweb and XBMC can ask questions)

--cronjob=value     : value can be ask|hourly|daily|weekly|monthly

ask; for every installed app ask how often to check for updates

hourly|daily|weekly|monthly; set cronjobs unattended during install
                          to check for updates hourly|daily|weekly|monthly

--help | -h         : Print this helpmessage
Mar2zz Wrote:To bad for you I can't write python (only read and adjust code a little)...

Hehe too bad for me Smile

Maybe ill try it out im kinda noob at py and relly dont know how to generate copies of config files with diffrent vlues. Should i install app then open config search for the param i want to change and then resave the file.

Or is it better to just generate the whole file for each app?
Why do you need to copy config-files? They create their own after startup.

On windows it's just a bunch of exe-files. Nothing special about installing there, download and execute. I am writing those scripts for xbmc-live/ubuntu-server users that are windows-minded and not familiar with terminal-use on linux.

On windows it's just a matter of downloading and executing exe-files? Or am I wrong about that?
Mar2zz Wrote:Why do you need to copy config-files? They create their own after startup.

On windows it's just a bunch of exe-files. Nothing special about installing there, download and execute. I am writing those scripts for xbmc-live/ubuntu-server users that are windows-minded and not familiar with terminal-use on linux.

On windows it's just a matter of downloading and executing exe-files? Or am I wrong about that?

I want the script also to set the basic stuff like dl folder series folder and categories and such in the config files so the users dont have to set up three diffrent apps and just answer some questions and then all setup but if they want more settings then the basics thay havt to go inteo settings for them self.

Eeryting to get started shoulde be done with the script after that the user only use add series and movies and stuff

Know what i meen?
Hi!

Thanks again! I was using this again this weekend for a friend's machine with the new .deb based installer. Unfortuantely Sabnzbd was unable to install. It said the following:

./LaSi.sh: line 274: =Sabnzbdplus: command not found
./LaSi.sh: line 275: Info_: command not found

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Yes, I fixed it, stupid 1-character-to-much-in-sentence error :p
Thank you for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more1