• 6(current)
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more
Nice one!

Thanks again for the fix!
Where does autoProcessTV from sickbeard get placed ? can't seem to find it in sickbeard folder or the common places Sad

Thanks Smile

it's not under .sickbeard at least on the home directory

Ah found it , it's on /opt
Glad you found it. I made all scripts to install all github apps in /opt/programname (where optional programs should be), and config/databases will be saved in /home/username/.programname. This is (or at least should be) default linux behaviour for optional installed programs that are not in repo's.

This way it's easy for you to backup files, and easy for my scripts to update/remove/reinstall from source without messing around with your precious data/config.
I am receiving this error when trying to install XBMC on a portable USB stick with Ubuntu 10.04. Please help

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid) but it is not going to be installed
xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Failed! Installing XBMC didn't finish, try again or:
Copy the text above and report an issue at the following address:
https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi/issues
Does a manual
Code:
sudo apt-get -fy install
help?

I updated the script to do that, as I think that's the solution. Question though, why use 10.4 if 10.10 is available and boots a lot faster and supports more hardware?

I also updated the script with a new feature. It checks for all webapps if the port that is used by default is allready in use by another program and solves that conflict by checking for free ports.

For example, sabnzbd is by default set at port 8081, but xbmc is also on that port. The script checks if that port is in use and searches for the nearest port available in steps of 100, so it checks 8181, 8281, 8381 etc until it finds a free port and sets that.

For this to work I had to update CouchPotato to understand what --port does, but RuudBurger allready authored my pullrequests so it's now a feature available for all webbased apps.

Next thing I am going to add new is Maraschino and probably drop MediaFrontpage, think that that one is EOL when Eden hits the street.
Maraschino support would be a welcome Christmas present! Thanks again!
Big update:
Maraschino is now installable with my script (LaSi.sh only, synology will come later). There is an option, you can install the master branch or the experimental branch.

I removed mediafrontpage from the menu, but you can still install it, its a hidden option. Instead of selecting a number to install it, type mfp. :p

Also added:
The option to uninstall applications. It will remove apps by default, but if you start with the commandline argument --purge or -p it will purge the apps, which will also remove daemonfile, daemonsettingsfile, and any cronjobs set by the installer.
hi all, thanks for this great looking tool!

I installed the tool and it worked great for the first and most important weapon in my arsenal, SABNZBd!

However, all subsequent packages say the following error messages, e.g. couchpotato and sickbeard:

Quote:Are you sure you want to continue and install CouchPotato?
[yes/no]: yes

Checking for newest packages...
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package git is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package git has no installation candidate

could anyone help me please?

thanks in advance!
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Hi,

Once again many thanks for this!

Just a quick heads up I installed Maraschino using the script and it said it installed it to port 7000. After a quick bit of digging I found it located on port 5000!

Is this desired behavior?
cable_guy Wrote:hi all, thanks for this great looking tool!

I installed the tool and it worked great for the first and most important weapon in my arsenal, SABNZBd!

However, all subsequent packages say the following error messages, e.g. couchpotato and sickbeard:

could anyone help me please?

thanks in advance!

could you try sudo apt-get install git-core? Are you on an old version of debian perhaps? Let me know, I will fix it if it works.

SolidCactus Wrote:Hi,

Once again many thanks for this!

Just a quick heads up I installed Maraschino using the script and it said it installed it to port 7000. After a quick bit of digging I found it located on port 5000!

Is this desired behavior?

Maraschino's development server is @ 5000. The cherrypy server is @ 7000. (2 ports are set in settings.py)

Did you choose experimental or master branch?

I think the experimental launches @ 7000. Let me know, will look into it.
Mar2zz Wrote:could you try sudo apt-get install git-core? Are you on an old version of debian perhaps? Let me know, I will fix it if it works.

it worked great! thanks so much! I love this tool and it appears to add the applications to the startup list (init.d is it?) which is one less headache for this noob!

I can understand why I needed to install git-core, because this is a brand spanking new XBMC live install as of Boxing Day. I did find it odd that some worked and some didn't though! (Sab worked (altho not Git iirc) and also Transmission)
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Ok great. Fixed it here: https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi/commit/15...38f399009c

So next time it will install git-core all by itself if it can't find git.

Sab and Transmission are packages allready in apt, git is not needed for them. So are xbcm, beets and subliminal. All others use git.

I could disable git, and wget packages, but you would miss many nice options like updating from source, trying other branches and stuff.
Mar2zz Wrote:Ok great. Fixed it here: https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi/commit/15...38f399009c

So next time it will install git-core all by itself if it can't find git.

Sab and Transmission are packages allready in apt, git is not needed for them. So are xbcm, beets and subliminal. All others use git.

I could disable git, and wget packages, but you would miss many nice options like updating from source, trying other branches and stuff.

after working tonight with gugahoi on an issue we noticed that he installed sb with your script and ran into an issue shutting down sb via the web-ui or via the api command.

I would suggest either adding --nolaunch argument or uncheck the 'launch browser on startup' for sb users on ubuntu. or just have them remove w3m.

If the user has w3m (text-based browser) installed (installed by default?) when they attempt to shutdown sb it 'hangs' due to trying to respawn sb.. waiting for the browser to launch..
Gugahoi allready mentioned it and I added the option to my debfile: https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi/issues/20

SickBeard.py needs a fix to @ line 276. It tries to launch a browser if the port is in use, ignoring the --nolaunch parameter. I mentioned it here:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issue...ry%20Stars
I tried Maraschino too and I am getting nothing on 7000 and couchpotato uses 5000....where did it go off to, says it is installed fine.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more1