• 2(current)
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more
Thx for your output. Install was ok. You also have all the right groups for your xbmc user. So it should work. I have the same problem with headphones, my headphones won't autostart, I don't know why, but it's skipped at boot, it doesn't even log, so it's skipped all the way.

One wild idea, I see you enter an local ipadress. It will only listen on that adress. So if your local ipadress changes it won't listen (or maybe also won't start). You could leave that @ 0.0.0.0 then it listens at your machine @ hostname for all incoming connections, disregarding your local ip. Can you change that to 0.0.0.0 and restart your machine?

I guess you did the same with sickbeard, so I think this won't solve that problem, but it's a wild guess...

Sabnzbd is something different. You should look into /etc/default/sabnzbdplus to configure that one, also set 0.0.0.0 as adress to listen on in that one. (sudo nano /etc/default/sabnzbdplus.
Thanks for looking at this.

I find that if I use 0.0.0.0 I can't access couchpotato remotely using the XBMC's IP address.

Local IP address is configured as 192.168.1.65 on the DHCP server, so it doesn't change.

As you say, weird that sickbeard works fine and couchpotato doesn't using a similar configuration.

Looks like I'm stuck with manually starting couch potato (and Sabnzbd). I can live with that since the XBMC box is left on.

Thanks again for your help.
I think I have a solution for you. At least it solved my problem with Headphones not starting. Apparantly it was starting to early, so I put the service to the end of the bootprocess.

Could you try this?
Code:
#remove startuplinks
sudo update-rc.d -f couchpotato remove
#create new links at end of bootorder
sudo update-rc.d couchpotato defaults 99

You could try the same for sabnzbdplus.

Hope this works for you too. Maybe I should enable this for all startups. (first all systemdaemons, and latest all python-flavoured progs.
Just gave it a try on both couchpotato and sabnzbdplus without any luck...

I might be tempted to try a complete reinstall of XBMC live and then try installing sabnzbdplus, sickbeard and couchpotato fresh.
xbmc-live prompts you during install for a username. Just use your own name. Maybe it will solve some things, and your setup will be easier to expand with other users. And when you make a mess of your user, you can easy add a new one or start over with yours, without messing with the xbmc-user.
Good tip. Thanks for your help.
No problem. I currently have an issue running for my own problem with headphones not autostarting. Maybe the same is causing your problems.
https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/184

To test if this is also something you walk into in your setup you could do the following with couchpotato started:
cat /var/run/couchpotato.pid
ps aux | grep -i couchpotato
cat /var/run/couchpotato.pid

And see if the processnumbers are the same. (try for sabnzbd also)
I've given up and gone for a full install of Ubuntu 11.04. I have couchpotato and sabnzbdplus (and sickbeard) working fine and autostarting.
Major update for Synology-users.
LaSi_syn.sh now installs:
Mediafrontpage
Headphones *
Couchpotato *
Sickbeard *
Periscope
Spotweb

* Not thoroughly tested, it could have (stupid) bugs. Cannot test it myself as I have no Synology NAS-device.

Please try if you have a Synology, log in as root and:
Code:
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/Synology/LaSi_syn.sh && chmod +x LaSi_syn.sh && ./LaSi_syn.sh
Awesome script! Really helped me out. Just curious on why I would not want to install as daemon? Also, will the SB,CP,HP update automatically?
Thanks again!
Glad it helped you out.

Most people install as daemons, but I made it optional. It increases boottime a little.

It will not automatically update, but that's a good option to write, add a daily or weekly update to cronjobs. Will write it this week.

Auto update can be done like this, type crontab -e in terminal and add this:
Code:
@WEEKLY cd /path/to/program && git pull && sudo /etc/init.d/programname restart
I thanked you on your blog but i will do it once moreSmile

Thank you for the scriptSmile
Hey,
Everything is still working great with the script. Could you also add XBMC and SABNZBD to the install menu? If you can do it... send me a donate button so I can pay you for your efforts.
Cheers
Added sabnzbdplus to installer (ubuntu/debian only). It installs from the jcfp-ppa, so it's always the most recent version.

There is no need to donate me, donate the programs it installs if you like them. Writing these scripts is like my donation to the open source community, by making installations that seem difficult easier.

I am not sure about XBMC. Do you mean to change a minimal server-setup into a dedicated machine running xbmc or just as an application on a desktopversion of ubuntu?
I tried using the code on the 1st page of your thread to see if I could install sabnzbd... The script menu started up but I dont see sabnzbd added? Am I missing something?

As for XBMC, I mean an addition to the menu that will install it as an applicated on a desktop version of ubuntu.

Thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaSi - Bashed Installers for SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones and more1