• 2(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
jwcalla Wrote:It's already supported in ffmpeg. Unless they intend on going through the trouble of pulling the changes out, it'll be in XBMC 11.0.

It doesn't work with video acceleration however, so low-end boxes and HTPCs are screwed.

Life... she is full of compromises.

Cool, I should be fine then b/c my tv ring is running an i7 920 Big Grin
Personally, I'm waiting for the new super hidef 16-encoding that promises to reduce the size of a full length 1080p bluray movie so it will fit on a CD.
This does bring about on the system requirements on playback performace using software decoding though.

Currently, I have an old(ish) Intel E7400, so chances are abit high that it is time to upgrade to (at least) a Intel Core i3.
davilla Wrote:Personally, I'm waiting for the new super hidef 16-encoding that promises to reduce the size of a full length 1080p bluray movie so it will fit on a CD.

What are you talking about, where can I find more information?
As I watch a lot of anime series and some movies all using XBMC it would be really great if hi10p would be supported very soon.
It's a bit annoying to use MPC to play those.
I don't think it will take so long time until other groups are using this as well.

And if XBMC 11.0 will add support, when will it be released?
I just finished watching a file that was claimed to be hi10p using xbmc on win7 and it played smoothly with dvxa activated and using only ~9% (with peaks at 20%) of my pentium t4500 dual-core processor. What happened? how can I be able to know if the encode really is hi10p?
Unless you're using an external build of ffmpeg that supports 10bit and you didn't see blocking and other random garbage then it wasn't.
hikaricore Wrote:Unless you're using an external build of ffmpeg that supports 10bit and you didn't see blocking and other random garbage then it wasn't.

I've been meaning to say... nice avatar. One of my all-time favorite games.
If memory serves, Metroid was the second game I ever played on my brand new NES.
The first being Super Mario Bros., as such it's always had a special place in my heart. ^_^
hikaricore Wrote:If memory serves, Metroid was the second game I ever played on my brand new NES.
The first being Super Mario Bros., as such it's always had a special place in my heart. ^_^

I gotta go with Duck Hunt (Always Tried to Kill the Dog)
Everyone tried to kill the dog, there's even several flash versions of the game where you now can. :p
The question now is when we will get an updated version of XBMC with the latest version of MPlayer that should support 10-bit.
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:The question now is when we will get an updated version of XBMC with the latest version of MPlayer that should support 10-bit.

It's scheduled for Dec. 30, 2011.
Is there any way I can build it in manually like copy & replace some files or something. I am willing to get source and compile for windows if pointed to instructions if that is what it takes. Or do any alpha builds support it yet?
I don't think any of the nightly builds support it yet because I don't believe they've patched in the latest ffmpeg yet. That will probably be one of the last things they do before the release, so that they can pick up all the latest changes.

I have tried building XBMC with an external ffmpeg on linux and it was very difficult so I gave up... because the latest ffmpeg has many changes from the version packaged with XBMC, so there'd be a lot of work to get the APIs to match up.

If you really need this Hi10P stuff, the easiest thing would be to set up an external player for your .mkv files and just use that until the next XBMC is released.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7