SSH password not working ( Apple TV 2g)
Platform AppleTV 2
Version of iOS/ATV Apple TV software 4.2.2)

I have a newly jailbroken Apple tv and wish to install XBMC however when I try and SSH into my Apple tv I tried using the password alpine/Alpine however it does not work. I never had ssh or even bothered to change my passwords. I did a full Restore before the jailbreak if that matters. Any help is welcome Smile
mfmseth Wrote:Platform AppleTV 2

I have a newly jailbroken Apple tv and wish to install XBMC however when I try and SSH into my Apple tv I tried using the password alpine/Alpine however it does not work. I never had ssh or even bothered to change my passwords. I did a full Restore before the jailbreak if that matters. Any help is welcome Smile

Try rejailbreaking with this guide:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105740

It sounds like you need to rejailbreak if SSH isn't working, so you might as well do it using a method that doesn't require you to use the command line/SSH to get XBMC installed.
I thought the user name was admin, and only password was alpine?
no the user is root...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Hi there, i have jailbroken more than 10 appleTV2 using snowbreeze without having any problems. With snowbreeze you dont need ssh just to install xbmc,coz it comes with nito tv and you can install xbmc from nitoTV.
Once you are done with that, you only need to ssh this plugin
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....-1.0.4.zip and install repository installer. from repository installer you can install all the plugins and thats where mostly all the good channels are.

Iam a windows user, so i usually used winSCP to ssh using root as username and alpine as password.

Good luck.
root
alpine
THE PASSWORD IS WORKING IT'S JUST INVISIBLE WHEN YOU TYPE IT!!!!
your shift key is broken - or you really scream all your answers - what ever it is - you better get it fixed because its not nice to shout out loud all the time...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2011-07-23, 16:43)mattochan Wrote:

Hi there, i have jailbroken more than 10 appleTV2 using snowbreeze without having any problems. With snowbreeze you dont need ssh just to install xbmc,coz it comes with nito tv and you can install xbmc from nitoTV.
Once you are done with that, you only need to ssh this plugin
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....-1.0.4.zip and install repository installer. from repository installer you can install all the plugins and thats where mostly all the good channels are.

Iam a windows user, so i usually used winSCP to ssh using root as username and alpine as password.

That link is not working how do I try it with snowbreeze?

Good luck.

You need to include the login id from the command prompt otherwise it defaults to your mac user id. So like this:

user-name-MacBook-Pro:~ username$ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Apple-TV:~ root#

Password is alpine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH password not working ( Apple TV 2g)0