(ATV2) Slow Loading of Fanart/banners etc..
I think the thing is the latest official build (from June 23, iirc) loads thumbs almost instantly without changing any settings.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:I think the thing is the latest official build (from June 23, iirc) loads thumbs almost instantly without changing any settings.

Would agree with this assessment although I'm sure it's already known.

Slow loading thumbnails are the only real issue causing me problems at the moment, have to say it's working rather well now overall and it's great that the buildbot is now active for atv2.

As a rule of thumb I don't generally expect ultra snappy performance from this small device but we have seen them working correctly before as stated above.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:I think the thing is the latest official build (from June 23, iirc) loads thumbs almost instantly without changing any settings.

DuMbGuM Wrote:Would agree with this assessment although I'm sure it's already known.

Slow loading thumbnails are the only real issue causing me problems at the moment, have to say it's working rather well now overall and it's great that the buildbot is now active for atv2.

As a rule of thumb I don't generally expect ultra snappy performance from this small device but we have seen them working correctly before as stated above.

Yes, this is the only real major (to me) issue outstanding with the nightlies. I can confirm that it does indeed work fine with the official build but not with the nightlies. I'm sure the devs will get it stamped out in time Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
marcoanttonnio Wrote:I had the same problem after enabling <useddsfanart>. All fanart and thumbs started to become blue tinted. My guess is that there is a problem with .dds generation in atv2 nightlies, so I changed <useddsfanart> to false in advanced settings.xml (it's the default, so I could just delete it) and then I deleted all .dds files in userdata/Thumbnails subdirectories.

After that, all thumbs and fanarts came back to normal.

Keith should this solution get a mention on the known issues sticky? (couple of confirmations now)
Are any of you guys willing to test Quartz skin to see if you are getting any speed improvements?

I haven't updated ATV2 for a while but will probably hold on for a bit longer if recent builds have temporary problems with fanart/banners loading.

See my signature for a link to a repo and be sure to use Quartz (nightly). It's a stable version of a skin but it's meant for nightly, pre-Eden builds of XBMC.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Seems to be an improvement in thumb/poster load times in today's nightly (xbmc-20110831-e8f122d), correct me if I'm wrong. Not perfect yet but definitely seeing an improvement here.

Tested using Alaska Revisited on TV posters with fanart turned off.
DuMbGuM Wrote:Seems to be an improvement in thumb/poster load times in today's nightly (xbmc-20110831-e8f122d), correct me if I'm wrong. Not perfect yet but definitely seeing an improvement here.

I've just tried and see no difference at all. Sad
me neither, it kinda broke my setup the 31st rls. I never had buffer issues, but this build brought them in! Also fanart is still loading extremely slow Sad
Hmm strange, I didn't change anything in my network/xbmc setup or anything so it's odd it appeared to be working better today, will keep an eye on it and search for an explanation.
Is this commit what I think it is?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1b78...a262b0a9f5

Because I just grabbed build 20110831-b7436bd and my fanart and thumbnails are definitely faster
I cant compare to the old official build as I never ran it
chuckles Wrote:Because I just grabbed build 20110831-b7436bd and my fanart and thumbnails are definitely faster

I have just updated and can confirm that thumbnails and fanart are now instant! This is perfect, thank you so much to davilla and anyone else who worked on this. That was the last issue concerning me and now XBMC on my ATV2 is perfect. Big Grin
OMG....thank you, thank you, thank you to the XBMC devs!!! This was indeed the last thing preventing XBMC from being just about perfect....ironic indeed that it came on the day I shipped off my sold Popcorn Hour Wink Thumbnails aren't exactly "instant", but pretty darned close now.

You folks are absolutely the best of the best!!
Please check playback ... davilla reverted this on july 1st because of stuttering video playback. So keep an eye open please...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK I just updated to the Sept1 build (xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb) and the thumbnails are loading instantly. YESSSS... great job devs. this is awesome.

Now to check on the playback that Memphiz mentioned above to see if everything is still ok.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Memphiz Wrote:Please check playback ... davilla reverted this on july 1st because of stuttering video playback. So keep an eye open please...

I just played two TV shows and experienced no stuttering of any kind...not a single hiccup at all. It's beautiful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(ATV2) Slow Loading of Fanart/banners etc..0