Dirty regions - what CPU usage decrease should I expect?
i just discovered this new feature and applied it to my kitchen jukebox PC, which previously was unusable for XBMC due to 100% CPU all the time. (interface basically locked up)

After using the new "dirtyregions" feature my CPU has dropped from 100% to 6% and I can finally use XBMC on my touchscreen (using skin.touched)

AWSOME WORK TOPFS2!!!! your my hero.
rudeboyx Wrote:i just discovered this new feature and applied it to my kitchen jukebox PC, which previously was unusable for XBMC due to 100% CPU all the time. (interface basically locked up)

After using the new "dirtyregions" feature my CPU has dropped from 100% to 6% and I can finally use XBMC on my touchscreen (using skin.touched)

AWSOME WORK TOPFS2!!!! your my hero.

Its far from just me behind the magic on this one but glad to hear it helped Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Its far from just me behind the magic on this one but glad to hear it helped Smile

In that case, thanks to everyone involved. I can't beleive im running a newer more feature packed version of XBMC on a machine which can't run the old version. this goes against everything computer manufactures want. lol - Stick it to the man.Big Grin

"Update the hardware"....... "I dont think so"..... "just update XBMC!"Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dirty regions - what CPU usage decrease should I expect?0