Dirty regions - what CPU usage decrease should I expect?
3 is an easy fix - we just missed that window as noone ever goes there :p

I'll see if I can reproduce 2.

Note that there was an unrelated hang which could cause 5 on some systems yesterday (fixed a couple hours ago).

1 is unlikely to be related to d-r.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:3 is an easy fix - we just missed that window as noone ever goes there :p

I'll see if I can reproduce 2.

Note that there was an unrelated hang which could cause 5 on some systems yesterday (fixed a couple hours ago).

1 is unlikely to be related to d-r.

Built on Jul 30 2011 (Git:20110730-e12fa99

3) is still same

2) is still same

5) seems like it is fixed

2) is very visible only on light backgrounds obviously if you have dark scenes or black bars then you cant really tell.

Ill try to film this like do some TS on my xbmc screen to show 2) and 3)

but bare with me I want to use my camera not phone... and get a stable image

@ bobo1on1

The asrock doesnt give anything with those commands to monitor gpu usage via linux

I found this http://www.matrix44.net/blog/?p=876 nice script but like the nvidia-smi -a or watch nvidia-smi -a the relevant info says N/A

that script is excellent but dont work on asrock ION (output of script GPU: N/A %MEM: N/A %), im trying to google how to do it somehow.
3 is fixed in c187c4e. Will look at 2 later today with any luck.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hmm, I can't seem to reproduce 2 at all.

well it turns out if I press screenshot button often and fast enough I cant catch it.

2) see screenshots for flicker its actually a black bar it occurs at both second line and first depending where the wind blows. aslo each time you press screenshot a frame drops so never mind that.

below is normal nothing to see

with black bar flicker

Now multiple this constantly throughout and this flicker black bar n both top and second row as far as I notice, cause when BG is completely black only if your paying real close attention the white text...

I was gonna film it but turns out if your trigger fingers is fast enough you can have a flick book type animation.

This is two screenshots out of 26 many show clear and then some show that flicker.
Most interesting. I'm not exactly sure what's happening there as we're marking the entire screen as dirty, so the whole lot should be being rendered. Are you setting the dirtyregion method to 1 or 2?

Nice red balloon Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

You sure its was a balloon?? Smile

ATM Im setting as 1 but 2 does similar or no visible difference, I was able to grab some more screenshots with another movie playing where its visible on first row though never at same time as second row... it alternates

took me over 100 shots to get that last screenie yesterday.

Whatever is happening is happening real fast.

anyway that test patterns fixed, cheers.
i guess this is another unsolved mystery then.
I can't seem to reproduce no matter what I do - the screen is always marked completely dirty, and thus all controls render from scratch every frame.

I wonder if it's something weird like a VDPAU only thing (can't think of why that would be though...)

the only common factor is dirty regions, enable it walla, enable dr visualization and its gone, enable or disabled has no effect.
Smile 
Over 50% reduction of idle CPU Usage since enabling this under Win32 Nightly 11-08-06, using Confluence skin; running on a dual-core-Atom with an ION GPU chipset.

Tested under Home Screen (10% down to 3%), Movie Listing (first item selected - 16% down to 6%), TV Show Listing (first item selected - 16% down to 6%); TV Show Episode Listing (first item selected - 14% down to 5%).

Impressive results, indeed. Only exception was if the selected show/movie had a scrolling genre (too long to fit in label) in which case CPU usage stayed the same. Enabling the Visualization proved that only the label was actually being flagged dirty so I wonder why usage didn't drop... (perhaps GPU usage did).

As expected, no notable decrease when scrolling through lists (I suspect GPU usage would be less, of course); nor when playing back video.

And, of course, blank screensaver drops usage to next-to-nothing.

The result is a much quieter, cooler HTPC; and certainly less power usage. No significant side-effects noted so far...

Great job on this one, Dev Team!
Stil having some trouble with an rss feed. As it scrolls it does leave some parts of letters behind.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Stil having some trouble with an rss feed. As it scrolls it does leave some parts of letters behind.

please submit a bugreport with what skin etc. RSS marks the entire control always afaik (unless changed lately) so its sounds like skin might not define correct size (which we obviously should handle no matter).
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:please submit a bugreport with what skin etc. RSS marks the entire control always afaik (unless changed lately) so its sounds like skin might not define correct size (which we obviously should handle no matter).

You mean a Trac Ticket? Do i need to CC anyone?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
CC me and topfs2 please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dirty regions - what CPU usage decrease should I expect?0