[WINDOWS] Updated TWiT add-on?
I'm using the Win32 nightly build from 2011-07-19. And I use the TWIT video add-on. That offers me a choose of 2 video sources, both from BitGravity (400K and 1M stream). Since TWIT switched studios on 2011-07-24, the BitGravity streams take a really long time to start - approx 5 minutes for either stream choice (there are only 2 - BitGravity 400K or 1M). Perhaps the add-on needs to be updated, since TWiT now streams from it's new studios?

Or is there any way to add the other TWiT sources, such as JustinTV or uStream, to this add-on?

Thanks
I don't think anything has changed with the twit servers, this appears to be a bug or something with eden-pre(the nightly versions).

For me the video opens and immediately starts to buffer, seems to hang at 'buffering...50%'. If I select play, it plays fine after that.

Quote:Or is there any way to add the other TWiT sources, such as JustinTV or uStream, to this add-on?

Maybe in the future, with the recent updates to librtmp we will be able to get the JustinTV stream. I can get the Ustream url with rtmpsuck but it's only good for a few days before it changes.
divingmule Wrote:I don't think anything has changed with the twit servers, this appears to be a bug or something with eden-pre(the nightly versions).

Possibly, but it was working perfectly .. I was watching fine, right up until Leo said "We're going to shut off the stream from the old studio, and turn it on from the new studio". That's when the trouble started. :-) So there was no problem with the nightly build showing the stream up until that point ...

divingmule Wrote:For me the video opens and immediately starts to buffer, seems to hang at 'buffering...50%'. If I select play, it plays fine after that.

I didn't hit "play", but it eventually stops buffering, after like 5 minutes, and then starts to play.

divingmule Wrote:Maybe in the future, with the recent updates to librtmp we will be able to get the JustinTV stream. I can get the Ustream url with rtmpsuck but it's only good for a few days before it changes.

Good to hear!
Same issue here. IOS AppleTV2. Soon as they flipped the switch it went froze. I tinkered a bit and i can get it working now, but it buffers at 50% for like 5 min before it starts. I did get a message saying something about the cahe for the stream not being big enough, i cant remember, something about the cache i think, it was late.

I got it working through playon using a recently updated script, but i dont want to use a computer to run twit all day. Gets pricey.

Anyway, just sharing experience. I hope we can find away to add new sources or something. I just about had everything i need on the aTV2 and was gonna shut down my media center PC and get ready to save a nice chunk of change.
Is this conversation continuing anyplace else? I still got the issue. I would even try changing the video source, but i dont know how. As long as its a 1bit stream, its fine.
Iccanui Wrote:Is this conversation continuing anyplace else? I still got the issue. I would even try changing the video source, but i dont know how. As long as its a 1bit stream, its fine.

Well, it was brought up in the 'addon development' thread and I made a post in the develop section of the fourm about the problem. I guess, maybe I need to open a ticket on trac.

Are you able to start playback by selecting play again after the video opens? Instead of waiting on it to buffer.
divingmule Wrote:Well, it was brought up in the 'addon development' thread and I made a post in the develop section of the fourm about the problem. I guess, maybe I need to open a ticket on trac.

Are you able to start playback by selecting play again after the video opens? Instead of waiting on it to buffer.

If i hit play it will work and keep working. Honestly i dont care as long as it plays. Just thanks for making it.
i use this plugin to regularly watch TWIT.

i am having regular pauses in the stream, most notably in the past couple weeks, probably in sync with the switch to their new studios. i see no "buffering" at the top of the screen to indicate XBMC is having specific issues, etc... it may well be coming from their output(??)

is anyone else seeing this?

it shouldn't matter, as its an add-on, but i am running this from a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with XBMC installed. my home is in UK, fibre-based (34Mbps) so capacity isn't an issue, and i always select the 1Mbps BitGravity stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Updated TWiT add-on?0