Harmony One Remote - Custom Keys
Question 
Hi folks,

first time poster, first time XBMC user, please be kind Smile

I've got an ASRock Vision 3D with Win7 and Harmony one remote. In the Harmony software I can add the following devices...

MCE Keyboard
MCE Remote
MCE Remote SE
Media Center SE

However the 'MCE Keyboard' doesn't work and I've read in other posts it's because the ASRock IR isn't compatible. So that's fine. I use the MCE Remote SE commands for most things and it works really well.

So to get buttons mapped such as..

Info
Context
Subtitle
Exit from menu back to movie if movie is in background

can I use the Media Center SE 'Alt+1', 'Alt+2' and 'Alt+3' etc. for these commands above? If so how do I do it?

I've had a look at the keymaps and remote.xml but I don't quit understand them, I think I need a working example to get my head round them. Then again these might not be the right solution to help me.

many thanks
Dave
Daveh Wrote:I've had a look at the keymaps and remote.xml but I don't quit understand them, I think I need a working example to get my head round them. Then again these might not be the right solution to help me.

Well, I don't use MCE Keyboard either, although it is the recommended for some reason. I set my Harmony One as a Media PC using the 'MCE-2006' remote bindings. Reason being, basically the mapping make more sense and involves no real need to change your keymaps.

Now, that being said, if you don't want to edit your keymap you may need to change your MCE mappings. XBMC addons has a program for this under programs called MCE Remote. In my case I used to it to change unused bindings in XBMC to help control PowerDVD when I am watching Blurays.
Thanks coinTos,

I really want to use the Context Menu and Information buttons, will the addon help me configure these?

thanks
Dave
Dave,

I am using the ASRock 330HT-BD, Win 7 and Harmony One and have it set up sweet.

I have not used anything else except the Harmony One software. You just need to set up the remote so that it maps to the keyboard shortcut. For example map the menu button to "C" which is keyboard shortcut to launch the menu and map the info button to "i" etc. You can also map the customised buttons to the funtion keys to launch and close the app.

You do not need to touch keymaps or remote files.

Sorry I am at work at the moment so can't check my exact settings.
MaxHeadroom Wrote:Dave,
You just need to set up the remote so that it maps to the keyboard shortcut.

Hi MaxHeadroom,

so r u saying that in the logitech software I can configure it to send key strokes without using the 'MCE Keyboard' as a device? If so how do you configure the activities customizable buttons without a device?

Remember my Vision 3D doesn't like the 'MCE Keyboard' so I can't add that as a device.

thanks
Dave
Dave,

I'll need to look at my config when I get home to confirm how I have it set up (It took me a bit of mucking around to get it to the stage it is now).

I do have a keyboard set up as a device and I only use that as a device outside of XBMC but the more I think about it that is probably what sends the keystrokes inside the activity.

It is a bit strange that my ASRock ION 330 HT-BD can accept the Keyboard as a device but your system can't??

I'll try and check this out for you tonight.
Sorry Dave,

It is the MCE Keyboard within the activity that I am using to map the commands.

You are going to have to look at the MCE Remote plugin. I haven't touched that so can't give any guidance - I wish you well.

I still think that it is strange that your system won't take the MCE Keyboard device though.
You can use Media Center SE for Alt+1,... keys. See this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ony+remote

To get a complete set of keys, I use both Media Center SE and MCE Keyboard devices.
Daveh Wrote:Thanks coinTos,

I really want to use the Context Menu and Information buttons, will the addon help me configure these?

thanks
Dave

Yes, it will help in the sense that you can change lets say yellow button to be 'c' for the context menu. It also help in the sense that you are never changing the basic MCE Play, Pause, movement arrows, etc so if you load an external player that supports MCE as well you are sending universal command instead of keyboard macros.
CoinTos Wrote:Yes, it will help in the sense that you can change lets say yellow button to be 'c' for the context menu. It also help in the sense that you are never changing the basic MCE Play, Pause, movement arrows, etc so if you load an external player that supports MCE as well you are sending universal command instead of keyboard macros.

Ah that's a great idea, I'll see if it works tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One Remote - Custom Keys0