No way to force a full rescan of video paths?
Sorry >>X<< you are correct Blush. I just thought I would answer real quick.

But if he does:

outatouch0 Wrote:I keep changing my library setup...

He may need to change his directory paths as well. Big Grin

Thanks,
SoBBie
Thanks, I really need to stop changing my mind is more like it Confused
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
I don't think you need to delete the DB. Just set the content on the folder to "none", and it'll ask to delete all the content from that folder from the library. Then just set it back to Movies and it'll scan everything in that folder again. If you have one or two high level folders for your content, this method works pretty well.
pedram Wrote:I don't think you need to delete the DB. Just set the content on the folder to "none", and it'll ask to delete all the content from that folder from the library. Then just set it back to Movies and it'll scan everything in that folder again. If you have one or two high level folders for your content, this method works pretty well.

When you do that it doesn't delete the db and not everything gets removed from the db either and this ends up in the new db
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Why would it not delete everything from that path when it asks if that's what you want to do? The OP asked how rescan something from a video path and that would do it.
Anyway, this worked well for me because I have two top level folders for movies (one HD and one SD) so all I had to do was change the content on those two and it rescanned all my movies.

I guess the deletion of DB method would be a better option if you had lots of different top level paths for your videos.
pedram Wrote:Why would it not delete everything from that path when it asks if that's what you want to do?

Because its not perfect that's why

I'm not saying your method doesn't work I'm just saying stuff gets left behind in the db and I personally would like a new db without stuff from previous scans and I'm not just talking about paths there's loads of stuff in the db

People who read this thread in the future can make up their own minds which way they do it just as you have
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Haha, I guess I had more faith in XBMC ;-)
This thread lost its meaning.

I agree with the op, without maybe some of the tone.

It would be nice if Kodi had an option to do a refresh where it compared the data to online content supplier - see if it needed updated (could we look at size??) and either update or not.

In fact, I think we can all agree we really only care about the nfo. So a simple overwrite for that would be great. It would capture updated ratings. The info gets stale otherwise.

I don't mind manually refreshing a picture.

I'm no coder, but I'm willing to look. But I would simply add on to another add-on - like XBMC auto-updater. It makes sense there.

Sent from my OnePlus 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No way to force a full rescan of video paths?0