New Automatic Movie Downloader via torrents on RoR
I've just finished polishing off my first draft of a server that makes it super easy to download movies. You start by entering in the movie you want to watch. Seconds later it returns a list of torrent files to download that it's grabbed from all over the web (Pirate Bay, TorrentReactor, Demonoid). After you click one to start downloading the movie, the server talks to your Transmission bittorrent client to update it's progress so you can keep posted on the progress of your movie. To make it look pretty and be useful, It also queries the rotten tomatoes API to get cover art, ratings, and a link to Rotten Tomatoes to watch trailers.*It's an attractive interface that makes it easy to download movies.

If you're interested or you just want to see more, I've written up some documentation and posted screenshots on GitHub to try and help people get this set up. You can check that out here. There are also more technical details and a complete list of features posted there.

Cheers,
James Hart
https://github.com/hjhart/movie_queue
any chance for windows platform ?
I haven't tested this at all with windows yet, although Ruby on Rails is known to be more difficult to set it up on windows. If there's more interest shown, I'd definitely be willing to dust off my old PC laptop and help some people get it set up.

If someone has experience with RoR on windows (I haven't even tried), I'd love to get some feedback on how the install process goes for them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Automatic Movie Downloader via torrents on RoR0