Integrate external PVR engine
Hi friends,
I have an application which is written in C++ and Python (and SWIG). I read already a lot of hours about plugins, addons, scripts, but I can not find what I need - how to bind binary applications to XBMC (code written in C/C++). Is the only option to edit the main XBMC code?

Second question.
Can you give me some hints about using of XBMC internal player and OSD. I mean the low-level displaying of OSD with OpenGL without using of XBMC OSD engine.

I think about integrating PVR engine from Dreambox receivers (Enigma2) with XBMC. This is obviously not suitable for main line of XBMC, but it would be a very interesting possibility. [Linux only]

BR
cougar
you'll have to create an add-on in order to use the pvr functionality and use it the way you describe. pvr add-ons are only available in the pvr tree at the moment, not in mainline xbmc. you can find the relevant links in my sig.

there's no guide or anything about writing a pvr add-on. you'll have to take an existing one as an example and work from that. the api can be found in the source tree, in xbmc/addons/include/xbmc_pvr_types.h and xbmc_pvr_dll.h. all methods and properties are documented there.

binary add-ons are not possible (yet). it'll be possible later, but don't ask me for an eta.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrate external PVR engine0