[LINUX] embedded python and zlib
Question 
Hi all,

I've been banging my head against this one. I think the issue is related to the embedded python, hence posting in this forum. I'm happy to hack away at any source the fix this issue I'm having (which after a while diagnosing I think is the only solution).

I'm trying to use the iPlayer add on. When I launch this I get a message 'module zlib is missing'. I've built xbmc from the latest stable source, and tried without using the system python library.

So it looks like xbmc's python does not include this by default (even though I thought this was built in to core python?). Can someone recommend a way to reconfigure the xbmc source to get this working, or suggest an alternative?

I'm on ubuntu natty by the way. iPlayer add on version 2.4.12. If you need to know anything else just let me know.
serp Wrote:Hi all,

I've been banging my head against this one. I think the issue is related to the embedded python, hence posting in this forum. I'm happy to hack away at any source the fix this issue I'm having (which after a while diagnosing I think is the only solution).

I'm trying to use the iPlayer add on. When I launch this I get a message 'module zlib is missing'. I've built xbmc from the latest stable source, and tried without using the system python library.

So it looks like xbmc's python does not include this by default (even though I thought this was built in to core python?). Can someone recommend a way to reconfigure the xbmc source to get this working, or suggest an alternative?

I'm on ubuntu natty by the way. iPlayer add on version 2.4.12. If you need to know anything else just let me know.

XBMC no longer includes Python in its source tree - if you're talking about older versions with in-core Python, you probably don't want the development forum.

You could post the results of 'grep PYTHON config.status' from your root source directory. My install has zlib at /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/zlib.so. zlib is certainly a core Python module.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] embedded python and zlib0