15 year old Pentium 3 died, Mobo or PSU dead?
you should try with another psu, juet to be safe. I had similar problem with my pc. When i tested atx psu i shorted 15 and 16 pin psu seemed to work, i have done this for tens and hundreds of time so I thought it was mbo that was gone, when I brought new one home i fined out it was the psu Huh never happened like that before.

Have you tried changing the pci slot - it is possible that one is deda and other ones still working
Burke Wrote:you should try with another psu, juet to be safe. I had similar problem with my pc. When i tested atx psu i shorted 15 and 16 pin psu seemed to work, i have done this for tens and hundreds of time so I thought it was mbo that was gone, when I brought new one home i fined out it was the psu Huh never happened like that before.

Have you tried changing the pci slot - it is possible that one is deda and other ones still working
I did try all 3 PCI slots, but the problem now is that I can't get it to turn on at all or when it does there's no output to the screen. I've pretty much written this thing off since it consumed half a day yesterday. I don't have a spare PSU here, so I cannot rule that out.
i had no spare psu so i bought new mbo ...not so bad actually Smile. only thing i can think that i don't see you have not dun and it wont cost you a penny to try, is to flash bios - it cold have become corrupted for number of reasons .... and at this point you wont feel guilty if you burn it
Burke Wrote:i had no spare psu so i bought new mbo ...not so bad actually Smile. only thing i can think that i don't see you have not dun and it wont cost you a penny to try, is to flash bios - it cold have become corrupted for number of reasons .... and at this point you wont feel guilty if you burn it
Well, it has started up, but it's hit or miss to get it to do it again. It's an OLD board, it's just reached the end of its time I guess. Pretty pointless trying to buy new parts for such an old system, I might as well build something new to last me another 12 years Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15 year old Pentium 3 died, Mobo or PSU dead?0