How to switch fromm wmc to xbmc and back?
I really like the xbmc controlling my movies. But i also like wmc to deal with tv watching. Now i have an app that allows me to have shortcut in the wmc. When press it closes the wmc and opens xbmc and when i close xbmc it auto loads wmc. Is there away to have something like this implemented? Select movie on the pad. Close wmc and plays the movie?

Many thanx if there is a solution like this.

Monkyslapper
Not really. This would be for your very specific needs, and would also mean the use of third party software to control, which kills WMC and starts up XBMC. Why would you use WMC for TV shows anyway?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:Why would you use WMC for TV shows anyway?

He likely means LIVE TV, since WMC supports cablecards and XBMC does not.

There have been articles (e.g., on Lifehacker) about setups similar to what he is asking, so it's not supremely rare. There are certainly many people that use WMC instead of XBMC simply because of the need for cablecard live tv support.
Maye I'm misunderstanding exactly what the OP is asking, but I'm quite happy with the XBMC / WMC integration provided by the add-on at the link below.

It doesn't launch individual titles from WMC into XBMC, but you can easily launch XBMC from within the WMC interface, and will be returned to the WMC interface when you select "Exit" in XBMC.

http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch fromm wmc to xbmc and back?0