Video Wallpaper in HOME SCREEN
Hey peoples,

Just wondering if it is possible to put a 720/1080p video as a wallpaper on the HOME-SCREEN?

Cheers
Nope...not possible...sorry

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Save each frame of the video as jpg and let a multi-image control loop it in high speed and non-randomized order.
Big_Noid Wrote:Save each frame of the video as jpg and let a multi-image control loop it in high speed and non-randomized order.

Laugh
Big_Noid Wrote:Save each frame of the video as jpg and let a multi-image control loop it in high speed and non-randomized order.

agree with butch... Laugh
Nice one..what about sound?
Cut every second out of it and set it in sounds.xml to dislplay with the multi-image control?

Laugh
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Ah, forgot about the sound Big Grin

Nice one! Nod

Seriously, saving each frame as a jpg should be easily doable (e.g. with IrfanView), which code do we need to edit for doing a hight speed multi-image control-loop?

An animation video like the ps3 background visualizing could look very cool.

Here's a Clone.

Here's the Tutorial.

PS3 Original Video.

After creating a HD-Video, it could be splitted into each frame.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Nice one! Nod

Seriously, saving each frame as a jpg should be easily doable (e.g. with IrfanView), which code do we need to edit for doing a hight speed multi-image control-loop?

An animation video like the ps3 background visualizing could look very cool.

Here's a Clone.

Here's the Tutorial.

PS3 Original Video.

After creating a HD-Video, it could be splitted into each frame.

Cheers

I have done this in Showmix was going to be in my latest release but disabled it because of a few reasons when taking a video file and splitting it down to frames you end up with a huge amount if images in my dream folder i ended up with over 500 my 11mb video ended up 240mb of images and that's at 70% quality the quality of the supposed video doesn't end up clear enough at 100% were talking about 500 to 600mb worth of images

Result is cool though if you could get it clear enough

http://www.vimeo.com/26122738
Indeed, Very nice!
So how does this work?
If I understand it correctly, the skin has to support this feature and then it's just a copy and paste thing.

Are there more disadvantages than the loss of disc-space?
Because if it only that, then maybe people could live with that. Smile
Maybe you could point out how to achieve this for personal preference or for an integration in those several skins.
Someday we can have this feature on this list.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
It will eat CPU like crazy, especially with full 1080p images.
Big_Noid Wrote:It will eat CPU like crazy, especially with full 1080p images.

yeah cpu hungry more of a gimmick runs well on my core i5 no lag ion systems will have a spastic with it
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Indeed, Very nice!
So how does this work?
If I understand it correctly, the skin has to support this feature and then it's just a copy and paste thing.

Are there more disadvantages than the loss of disc-space?
Because if it only that, then maybe people could live with that. Smile
Maybe you could point out how to achieve this for personal preference or for an integration in those several skins.
Someday we can have this feature on this list.

Cheers

its a cool idea will still introduce into showmix been wanting to have it in a skin for a long time but think i will change it so that the user can set the folder path and then users can download backdrops as packages i think users will like to try it but its for high end htpc's thats for sure

PHP Code:
<!-- Dream Backdrop -->    
    <
control type="multiimage">
        <
posx>0</posx>
        <
posy>0</posy>
        <
width>1920</width>
        <
height>1080</height>
        <
imagepath>dream</imagepath>
        <
timeperimage>10</timeperimage>
        <
fadetime>0</fadetime>
        <
loop>yes</loop>
        <
randomize>false</randomize>
        <
animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="16000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(Animated_Backdrop)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="8000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(Animated_Backdrop)">Conditional</animation>
        <
visible>Skin.HasSetting(nodream)</visible>
    </
control

just a thought, but how about a soundless audio file looping in the background. a visualization should run while the file plays. most skins can show the visualization in the homescreen. maybe that's one way to go? as i said, just a thought. i'm not much of a coder so i jus stick to brainstorming. Laugh
Shinu Wrote:just a thought, but how about a soundless audio file looping in the background. a visualization should run while the file plays. most skins can show the visualization in the homescreen. maybe that's one way to go? as i said, just a thought. i'm not much of a coder so i jus stick to brainstorming. Laugh

There were some requests if i remember, to separate the audio output for movies and music, playing a movie in the background and listen to music and to have the option to switch between the 2 audio outputs.
I like the idea, but i'm sure it will never happen ... Smile
Hi guys,

I'm busy building a HTPC and my research about which software to use has led me to XBMC. Now I'm sure most would agree that we all want that WOW! factor when we look at our HTPC's.

I see that MeediOS (which tries to mimic XBMC imho) can play video files as backgrounds/backdrops in the main home page. Like this:
http://vimeo.com/14189847

Is there any way (other than to convert the video into frames and using the multi-image control) to do this in XBMC? If not, can we ask for it? Smile

Thnx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Wallpaper in HOME SCREEN1