• 4(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
I have a strange problem

I converted a BR rip to MKV.

XBMC will not play it with DSPLAYER. It also won't play with the default player if DXVA2 is enabled. It does play without DXVA2, but not good at all.

What could be the hassle here?

Cheers
getafix Wrote:I have a strange problem

I converted a BR rip to MKV.

XBMC will not play it with DSPLAYER. It also won't play with the default player if DXVA2 is enabled. It does play without DXVA2, but not good at all.

What could be the hassle here?

Cheers

Please post a log file after trying to play the file with DSPlayer.
What hardware are you using?
owing,
THANKS for sharing this build with us. Using your build I am finally able to use dxva with the gpu integrated in the intel Sandy Bridge cpus. This isn't possible with the current normal Xbmc (see problem here). Have been trying to find a solution to the problem for ages, and because of you I finally found it. So again: Thank you Smile
i3 2100t based Sandy Bridge HTPC
0wing Wrote:Please post a log file after trying to play the file with DSPlayer.
What hardware are you using?

http://pastebin.com/SsJ17cxn

I think this is the way to do it.

Regards
Are you using x64 ffdshow?
Because XBMC is a 32bit application and can only use the x86 version.
0wing Wrote:Are you using x64 ffdshow?
Because XBMC is a 32bit application and can only use the x86 version.

I am using the x64 version. Let me try the 32bit.

OK, seems like that did the trick from the video point of view, but the audio shows PCM on my amp even when I select the 3/2 audio channel.

This might be setting on my laptop - not sure
getafix Wrote:but the audio shows PCM on my amp even when I select the 3/2 audio channel.

You've configure the audiofilter in ffdshow to the right formats, which you're AMP support, like DTS-HD and so on?
Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

the 1080p bd (m2ts, iso, mkv, etc) with dts-hd/truehd works great with pre-eden without the messy external player. it's as good as dts-hd/truehd with w7 mce!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
getafix Wrote:I am using the x64 version. Let me try the 32bit.

OK, seems like that did the trick from the video point of view, but the audio shows PCM on my amp even when I select the 3/2 audio channel.

This might be setting on my laptop - not sure

Try updating your drivers for sound/graphics.
Check the supported formats tab in the sound device settings in windows if everything shows up there.
Try setting audio output in XBMC to wasapi: "name of your hdmi audio device".
Just a heads up: there were several changes in skin engine, few days back (ex: conditional navigation). Aeon-Nox include those changes, but now the skin navigation is 'broken' with previous builds.
Until a DSPlayer update, you don't want to update any skin that use the newest features.
bluray Wrote:the 1080p bd (m2ts, iso, mkv, etc) with dts-hd/truehd works great with pre-eden without the messy external player. it's as good as dts-hd/truehd with w7 mce!

You caught my attention with BD ISO in you quote above.

You saying that pre-eden will play BD ISO natively? I have virtualclonedrive installed. Is that all I need? Do I have to create any .xml files etc like you have to when using an external player??

Cheers
sergiocos Wrote:Just a heads up: there were several changes in skin engine, few days back (ex: conditional navigation). Aeon-Nox include those changes, but now the skin navigation is 'broken' with previous builds.
Until a DSPlayer update, you don't want to update any skin that use the newest features.

Yeh, didnt notice this untill my skin updated yesterday Angry
Always the problem with living on the bleeding edge.
Any chance of a new build 0Wing?
getafix Wrote:You caught my attention with BD ISO in you quote above.

You saying that pre-eden will play BD ISO natively? I have virtualclonedrive installed. Is that all I need? Do I have to create any .xml files etc like you have to when using an external player??

Cheers
you don't need vcn and external player to playback bd/dvd iso/m2ts/mkv with hd audio using pre-eden. if you have any special advancesettings and playercorefactory for external drive, you can turn it off when using pre-eden!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
New build: http://www.mediafire.com/?jh94kj2h74j9d38
Thanks, 0wing!
So far, so good!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13