• 6(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
i removed the question because i did a stupid mistake..(tested it on a machine with graphic card that did not support dxva)

Anyways, working fine so far on main htpc.

Ive used the transparancy! skin for a long time, so tested the new svn build 4.0.2 and it works with this, not encountered bugs so far.

Ive also tested a version of xbmc eden with support for Dolby true HD and DTS HD. Using dsplayer so far.
0wing Wrote:How-to for DSPlayer: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

This link is broken anyone got any instructions to getting it working. I want to use CoreAVC for playback as Dharma has issues with Web DL's falling out of sync and Eden has issues with dropping frames on my Revo box.
Strange... Well here's a mirror http://dsplayer.wikia.com/wiki/HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer.
bananaman Wrote:i removed the question because i did a stupid mistake..(tested it on a machine with graphic card that did not support dxva)

Anyways, working fine so far on main htpc.

Ive used the transparancy! skin for a long time, so tested the new svn build 4.0.2 and it works with this, not encountered bugs so far.

Ive also tested a version of xbmc eden with support for Dolby true HD and DTS HD. Using dsplayer so far.

You didn't do anything wrong. If your machine didn't support DXVA it would have played without it.

There is an actual problem with the file you tried to play. My XBMC crashes too if I try to play one of their releases without haali.
Great thread folks and it's been a fruitful upgrade. A slight niggle and apologies if I've missed something obvious, the fast forward x4 etc is jittery and not what it was with dvdplayer and in addition the ability to drag the timeline doesn't work, no matter what time you drag it too it keeps going back to the beginning. Playing the usual mkv files.Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Not sure if anyone here can help me with this. I just installed this version of XBMC. I have been using the old school DSplayer version (pre dharma) for a while now with only a few problems (things like subtitles not working correctly). When I installed the new version I was able to get everything working, however there seems to be a problem with about 50 of the movies being seen by the automated scan. I never had a problem with them before so I was a bit curious why they are giving me problems with the newer version.

I know it's not an official build yet, but everything seems to be working pretty damn well otherwise. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to point me in the right direction.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/WDexR2qA
Hi Sentinel,
If you can't get it working, it might be worth checking out the last major unnofficial pre-eden build/10.1 DSPlayer build, I forget the revision number. There was one release which came out between this and that, but unfortunately for me it crashed when you enabled the network controls which was no use.

Personally, much as I'd love to shift to this, the fact that DVDPlayer doesn't work is a killer for me, as I use the dual playback engines to get round issues with files which work well with one but not the other.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
alexrose1uk Wrote:Hi Sentinel,
If you can't get it working, it might be worth checking out the last major unnofficial pre-eden build/10.1 DSPlayer build, I forget the revision number. There was one release which came out between this and that, but unfortunately for me it crashed when you enabled the network controls which was no use.

Personally, much as I'd love to shift to this, the fact that DVDPlayer doesn't work is a killer for me, as I use the dual playback engines to get round issues with files which work well with one but not the other.

The last official version was Rev553d719 and that was pre 11 but only just its pretty much Dharma except for a couple of extra options I've been using this for ages without a single problem

I'm not sure which network controls your referring to but mine are enabled as I've used it in the past with XWMM

Rev553d719

http://www.mediafire.com/?ol1s1p923a8e7bh
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I tried that version on a different computer and I seem to have the same trouble. About 50 movies don't seem to be recognized.
Some fine tuning help needed. I managed to get HD Audio to work with blurays tutorial, but I have 2 issues.

1. I have 2 movies that won't play with dsplayer. Michael Buble Caught in the Act and Celine Dion A New Day.

http://pastebin.com/rpfuMjUv
http://pastebin.com/82sSCkRe
http://pastebin.com/Yr0ynrxM

The top two won't play, the last one will.

2. My standard AVI,s won't play with DSPLAYER, but will play with DVDPLAYER. How do I get them to play with DSPlayer. I don't want to have to swich between the the two players if possibly

Thanks
>>X<<' Wrote:The last official version was Rev553d719 and that was pre 11 but only just its pretty much Dharma except for a couple of extra options I've been using this for ages without a single problem

I'm not sure which network controls your referring to but mine are enabled as I've used it in the past with XWMM

Rev553d719

http://www.mediafire.com/?ol1s1p923a8e7bh

I think that's the version Im using as well. A while back, there was a build later than this (before this current thread), but I foudn it didnt work too well, as it crashed instantly if you had the network controls/server enabled.

I use the Android remote to control the system, which is why I couldn't use the build; this thread's build has issues with DVDPlayer, so again why I won't use it.

I've found the 719 build good overall; it does crash with some files, which I think may possibly be related to the subtitle engine aspect of DSPlayer (because the subtitles are the first thing to go, but as soon as you try to do anything else, the programme [not PC] freezes), but for the large majority it works well Smile
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Subtitles work perfectly for me internal and external using Rev553d719
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
They usually do for me too, it's specific files. Whether they're using a command/style or there's a glitch in them the interpreter doesnt quite like or something I don't know; but it seems to be the subs are the first thing to go, and thus they might be involved in the issue, whereas DVDPlayer doesn't have the issue with the same files.

It's not a major thing to me as I can fall back to DVDPlayer for these odd files, and the vast majority work well with DSPlayer. It's a shame DSPlayer was abandoned when it was really, I reckon this issue could probably have been resolved fairly quickly, with a sample that repeatedly caused the issue, by Blinkseb or Tiben back when they were working on the project. Smile

I have been using Rev553d719 for a long time. Tested this version and and seems to hang on startup for some seconds after transferring over library etc.

Maybe test it some more before replacing Rev553d719
Cheers for recent updates, 0wing! I anyone managed to create a new build and care enough to share, I'll be more than grateful.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13