• 60(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
alexrose1uk Wrote:Yeah, its looking like it's trying to find LAV to use it, but failing, as though it's not installed correctly.

Typically I tend to just install both versions with the installer programme from the LAV site, but like 0wing says, it might be worth uninstalling LAV and trying installing just the x86 variants to see if something's gone wierd. Did you install it to the default location?

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\ is the correct filter present?
If for whatever reason it's not, if you go back to the LAV site, download the pure zip file of the filters, and then place the filter in the expected location, does it work then?

Something's definately gone a little wierd, as I the steps and provided files on a previously XBMC/LAV free machine recently and it worked fine, the problem doesn't so much seem to be the DSPlayer configuration, but down to the simple fact it's not able to find/open the LAVSplitter.ax file in the expected place.

Never did get LAV to work myself with DSPlayer. Reference my earlier posts, even with all the help given. Removed LAV and went back to FFDshow and everything works great again.

Mark
Please, can anyone confirm the problem with subtitle not following video when fast forwarding, or is it just my setup that's wrong?

Thnx
alexrose1uk Wrote:Hmmm, how wierd! I'm not sure what to suggest, as this isn't something I've run into, the guide doesn't seem to miss anything crucial as it's worked fine for Boingman in the other thread, and I'm not entirely sure whether the issue stems from something to do with LAV's installation, rather than DSPlayer.

Next steps to try might be:
1. Install MPC-HC, configure that to use LAV as the prefered decoder and see if that can access LAV.

2. Uninstall LAV, run the directshow filter reset file I linked earlier in the thread to clear any and all defaults, and then try reinstalling LAV, BUT change the install directory to somewhere else outside of the program files or windows folders, so say, C:\LAV, and then see if XBMC picks up the change in install directory in the debug log/works; just in case for whatever reason XBMC/DSPlayer is having some sort of permissions issue reading the files.

Installed MPC-HC with LAV as decoder. Movie play with HD audio working with it as standalone player. DSplayer still no go in xbmc. same thing with installing to another location beside default. I didn't have time to back up my system and try reset filter utility. not sure if thats going to change anything but will give it a shot when I have time. thanks for helping
acemt Wrote:Never did get LAV to work myself with DSPlayer. Reference my earlier posts, even with all the help given. Removed LAV and went back to FFDshow and everything works great again.

Mark

Yeah if this doesn't work with LAV I probably try ffdshow. hopefully my bad luck with LAV won't follow
>>X<<' Wrote:DSPlayer seems to respect colour space in your GPU so check that first XBMC always outputs 0-255 regardless if you have it set wrong using it with DSPlayer you can get blacks looking grey

It sounds like your using XP if you have that problem with the OSD one reason I switched to Win 7

Yes i'm using XP. And again, last time i've tested DSPlayer, the OSD problem wasn't here. So, for me, too much issues, i'm rolling back to the 10bits version made on the "Feature request" thread. Principaly subtitles, display is toooo much broken for what i'm used to watch.
Don't want to switch to Seven.

I'll continue watching and see what the future of the work, thanks to them, made by Tiben and Owing will provide. The fact DSPlayer is back in developement and will be probably merged to standard XBMC is a great thing for a lot of people.
Problem could be the underscore which has been forgotten in the guide

<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />

frank
Hallo,
I really don't understand what's going on here.
Ok, so let me try to explain : i used dsplayer for m2ts files with pure hd music and without any video in it till january 2011. Thats a fact!!!
i had a configuration with mpegsource,mpegsplitter,ffdvideodec and ffdaudiodec over hdmi to the receiver - result = DTS-HD.
Since January 2011 DSPlayer doesn't open that files any more - cause, how tiben explained dsplayer needs now video to open files. For whatHuh??
if you start with such a dev i think you think about the principles and in that
principles you have to stay, otherwise the program is nuts.
For Example: if a dev codes a databased program and changes after a few years
the fields and the parameters of that fields you can throw that programm to hell.Thats what happened here. I have ca 250 m2ts files with HD Music (ca 2TB)
made in a lot of work,trusting in continuity of development and whats nowHuh
Not even an explanation why.
A DirectShow Player is per definitionem without limitation and plays every file
directshow filters exist for.A DirectShow player only for a specific media is nonsens.
If tiben tomorrow says no subtitles anymore - maybe you can understand me
then.
I do it now with external player but its a bunch of shit.
Mike
michmetz Wrote:Hallo,
Ok, so let me try to explain : i used dsplayer for m2ts files with pure hd music and without any video in it till january 2011. Thats a fact!!!
i had a configuration with mpegsource,mpegsplitter,ffdvideodec and ffdaudiodec over hdmi to the receiver - result = DTS-HD.
Since January 2011 DSPlayer doesn't open that files any more - cause, how tiben explained dsplayer needs now video to open files. For whatHuh??
the fields and the parameters of that fields you can throw that programm to hell.Thats what happened here. I have ca 250 m2ts files with HD Music (ca 2TB)
directshow filters exist for.A DirectShow player only for a specific media is nonsens.
then.
Mike
oh i think i found the problem this is not normal
CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the splitter
If it didn't change the insert splitter is only used if the first filter is a source filter and the source filter is detected as a filter with 1 output pin. Im working today but when i come back ill see if i can fix this
well this make sense ill see if it work tonight
Code:
bool IsSplitter(IBaseFilter* pBF, bool fCountConnectedOnly)
{
  int nIn, nOut, nInC, nOutC;
  CountPins(pBF, nIn, nOut, nInC, nOutC);
  if (nOut == 1)
  {
  IPin* pOut = GetFirstPin(pBF,PINDIR_OUTPUT);
    if (pOut)
    {
      CStdStringA mainType = GetPinMainTypeString(pOut);
      pOut->Release();
      if (mainType.length()>0)
        return true;

}

}
  return(fCountConnectedOnly ? nOutC > 1 : nOut > 1);
}
A bit of a numpty question but what does LAV filter add to the equation?
stevos Wrote:A bit of a numpty question but what does LAV filter add to the equation?
LAV Filters include a source filter, a splitter, audio and video decoder. From what I understand, they are currently the most up to date and developed set of filters available. You add a good video renderer (EVR or MadVR) and a good audio renderer (WASAPI or Reclock) and you should be ready to play pretty much anything (I'm not sure about Real Video but is that of any real interest by now?).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:LAV Filters include a source filter, a splitter, audio and video decoder. From what I understand, they are currently the most up to date and developed set of filters available. You add a good video renderer (EVR or MadVR) and a good audio renderer (WASAPI or Reclock) and you should be ready to play pretty much anything (I'm not sure about Real Video but is that of any real interest by now?).

For me, nothing compares to ffdshow+avisynth for divx and MPC-HC h264 for HD video.

I know i'm a bit boring, but does anyone alse experiance subtitles not following video when ffwd problem? They seem to not speed up. When i hit play again, everything is ok, they are synced.
TomislavV, I was just answering based on what I know. I understand that ffdshow has its group of loyal followers. And it's good for postprocessing and several other things. But it lacks source filter and splitter, if I'm not mistaken. LAV is a single package that does everything and quite well, especially if you have an Nvidia card, since you can take advantage of CUDA (which works with MadVR too).

As far as the subtitles are concerned, I never use fast forward in XBMC. I always skip ahead or jump ahead. So I never noticed what you mention. I'll try tonight, if I remember... and report back.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
TomislavV Wrote:For me, nothing compares to ffdshow+avisynth for divx and MPC-HC h264 for HD video.

I know i'm a bit boring, but does anyone alse experiance subtitles not following video when ffwd problem? They seem to not speed up. When i hit play again, everything is ok, they are synced.
its not a priority to fix this
michmetz Wrote:Hallo,
then.
Mike
I fixed the problem
https://github.com/0wing/xbmc/commit/cc6...fdc8fc4b96
you will be ablet o play them on the next build
Thanks for working on this again.

jpsdr Wrote:Subtitles : Almost all the files i use failled to render properly (see post #576), no crash, only rendering is bad. Engine of standard player is a way better. Sometimes subtitles are out of sync, even without seeking in the file.
But as I see it those subtitle issues aren't DSPlayer exclusive but also concern the "normal" XBMC releases, right? I'll have to test those files myelf.

jpsdr Wrote:Yes i'm using XP. And again, last time i've tested DSPlayer, the OSD problem wasn't here. So, for me, too much issues, i'm rolling back to the 10bits version made on the "Feature request" thread. Principaly subtitles, display is toooo much broken for what i'm used to watch.
Don't want to switch to Seven.
If you're going back to bambi73's DVDPlayer version with hi10 support, then maybe you could test Coalgirls' 1080p hi10 release of Gundam Unicorn episode 1. It gave me a lot of heavy frame drops on my system. Same goes for the following 8bit file that I posted and talked about here.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post958816

In the latter case though enabling DXVA helped, an option that obviously is not available for the Gundam Unicorn encode. Both play just fine without any hiccups using DSPlayer.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13