• 72(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
I`m using the January 5 release in portable mode with ffdshow. My problem is that the video\screen goes black after end of file and not marked as watched.

Anyone else experienced this?
bananaman Wrote:I`m using the January 5 release in portable mode with ffdshow. My problem is that the video\screen goes black after end of file and not marked as watched.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, read the last few pages.
I am going to try using LAV filteres and see if that resolves the playback issue
Hi

Since Dsplayer can't play ISO files I decided to pull m2ts file form blueray and to try to play it.

I succeded, but, can't find the right combination of source/splitter/decoder filters.

The one that works for me is

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />

As far as I can tell, only mpegsource works ok regarding stream splitting right. When I put haali for source and for splitter I get only one language and one subtitle.
Also with above combination, I have some problematic m2ts files where audio language changing is problematic and sometimes breaks playback, or in some bizarre cases when I change subtitle language it also changes my audio language.

As for video dec LAV seems best and for audio ffdaudio works great for bitstreaming hd master to my amp.

Also DVDPLAYER in xbmc works great regarding audio/subtitle switching but unfortunately there is no DTS HD bit streaming support.

So, if anyone has some advice or could share some experience regarding this it would be very helpful.
This is the one i use and as far no problems at all. I must say though, i don't use HD bitstreaming, just AC3 and DTS.

<rule filetypes="mkv|m2ts">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
stevos Wrote:I am going to try using LAV filteres and see if that resolves the playback issue

For me using the lav video filter causes the same issue but when you start playing the file instead of at the end. It will then cause a crash. Back to coreavc for me. So far the only thing that crashes with coreavc and ffdshowaudio is subtitles.
alexrose1uk Wrote:It's really wierd but the debug log reads as though for whatever reason, with MKV media it's struggling to setup the directshow chain properly:

I know this sounds like a stuck record, but try uninstalling LAV, using the DirectShow reset utility I linked previously, incase there's some sort of conflict and then reinstalling LAV.

Tiben might be able to give you some other ideas as to why the filters are failing to enable correctly (as it IS loading them).
Are you talking about this one:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/f...p?id=35868

Looks like I cannot create a System Restore on my PC for some reason so I'm not really sure I want to mess around with Registries...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
voodoofox Wrote:Hi

Since Dsplayer can't play ISO files I decided to pull m2ts file form blueray and to try to play it.

I succeded, but, can't find the right combination of source/splitter/decoder filters.

The one that works for me is

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />

As far as I can tell, only mpegsource works ok regarding stream splitting right. When I put haali for source and for splitter I get only one language and one subtitle.
Also with above combination, I have some problematic m2ts files where audio language changing is problematic and sometimes breaks playback, or in some bizarre cases when I change subtitle language it also changes my audio language.

As for video dec LAV seems best and for audio ffdaudio works great for bitstreaming hd master to my amp.

Also DVDPLAYER in xbmc works great regarding audio/subtitle switching but unfortunately there is no DTS HD bit streaming support.

So, if anyone has some advice or could share some experience regarding this it would be very helpful.

I posted mine here, and works brilliantly for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=996...count=1058
Adding LAV didn't have any effect.

It still refuses to play any of the MKV files. I still suspect its something to do with the resolution or quality flag, as it never played mkv dvd rips

I will try installing the build on another computer and see if its a computer issue.
Question 
Hi Guys,

Just install apple trailer light (Trailers) and when I try to stream a trailer they fail, and on occasion I get the message "the internal_ffmpegsource isn't loaded" Not very good with the setting up of filter and would appreciate if someone could help, I am using the lava setup

I have attached my filtersconfig and mediasconfig

Thanks
Something I wanted to clear up. When Eden does go live will we then be sticking with the final release of Eden for all future updates? Basically I just want to know if this Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer will become Eden XBMC with DSPlayer when Eden is live.
Seems to be something wrong with my HTPC

When you uninstall XBMC and remove the userdata folder, is there anything else that might remain of the install?

Something is making it not play files and no idea what.
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

Just install apple trailer light (Trailers) and when I try to stream a trailer they fail, and on occasion I get the message "the internal_ffmpegsource isn't loaded" Not very good with the setting up of filter and would appreciate if someone could help, I am using the lava setup

I have attached my filtersconfig and mediasconfig

Thanks

Check the first post in this thread. DSPlayer has some problems with video addons, it's better to just use DVDPlayer for them right now.

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Something I wanted to clear up. When Eden does go live will we then be sticking with the final release of Eden for all future updates? Basically I just want to know if this Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer will become Eden XBMC with DSPlayer when Eden is live.

Well, DSPlayer is obviously not going to be in Eden and I feel like it's a better idea to just keep releasing builds based on DSPlayer merged with the latest XBMC git master branch.

But I could do builds based of Eden + DSPlayer as long as there are no giant merge headaches with newer DSPlayer code.
0wing Wrote:Check the first post in this thread. DSPlayer has some problems with video addons, it's better to just use DVDPlayer for them right now.

Well, DSPlayer is obviously not going to be in Eden and I feel like it's a better idea to just keep releasing builds based on DSPlayer merged with the latest XBMC git master branch.

But I could do builds based of Eden + DSPlayer as long as there are no giant merge headaches with newer DSPlayer code.

Having both is nice, but I think most people using DSplayer are the bleeding edge type who would otherwise be following the nightlies.

BTW: Is there an Eden beta2 dsplayer merge & release coming shortly? I'm surprised it hasn't been asked in this thread yet.
HTPC Arctic MC101 -- A10 - 160GB ssd || HD-PLEX H.5 - Core i3 2100 - AMD 6450 - 64GB ssd
Equipment 70" Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD -- Onkyo TX-NR5008 -- Emotiva XPA-3 -- PS3 Slim 160GB
Speakers Paradigm Studio 100 v5 -- Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 -- Paradigm Studio Sub12 -- Paradigm Millenia ADP (surround and surround back)
MISC Standout Designs Haven 82 stand
The latest DSPlayer build is based on more recent code than Beta 2.

Well, almost one day still counts as more recent.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13