• 81(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
Eden Final is released! Looking forward to a merge of the DSPlayer work with Eden. Thanks 0Wing and Tiben especially for the hard work on DSplayer, and the entire XBMC team for their work on Eden.
Please merge the final 11.0 0wing - thanks in advance!
Eden build is now available at http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org.
Awesome, thanks 0Wing, will try and give this new Eden build a shot and see if it breaks anything over my current build (which I think might still be the 1st Jan build, as I found a later one buggy)
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Woooohoo! wonderful, thanks a lot 0wing for it Big Grin
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi,

Just a little question : Why everyone is using LAV filters ?
I used ffdshow, because of post-processing and lanczos/splines resizing.
Thanks
(EDIT) And a BIG thanks to 0Wing and Tiben for the release ^^
I've got an audio issue. It might already be covered but I didn't find it.
Since I upgraded to the eden RC1 build my audio during playback has been super silent. Before I needed to put my receiver at -10 / -15 dB. Now I need to put it to 0 / +2 dB to have 'normal cinema levels' but then my skin sounds are super loud.

Do I need to reconfigure the xml's when installing a new version? They seem ok. I just install a new version over the old version.

The problem persists in RC2 and final
Thumbs Up 
(2012-03-25, 13:17)0wing Wrote: Eden build is now available at http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org.
Much appreciated, thank you!!!

For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Mhm... a quick question since I am currently looking into this for my build:
What exactly are the advantages of using DSPlayer instead of the built-in codecs?
I searched for answers to this question but I have yet to come up with one...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-03-26, 11:58)HenryFord Wrote: Mhm... a quick question since I am currently looking into this for my build:
What exactly are the advantages of using DSPlayer instead of the built-in codecs?
TrueHD / DTS-MA bitstreaming

That's what I use it for
(2012-03-26, 12:21)daffeh Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 11:58)HenryFord Wrote: Mhm... a quick question since I am currently looking into this for my build:

That's what I use it for

And more than that. Basically, the ability to use the codecs u prefer when u prefer with the file types u want. If u're ok with what u get with the default DVDplayer (it's a good player), don't change. But if, as me, u have a (more or less) good TV, lot of High Definition media, and u are able to see the difference when u use other codecs, u will want to be able to chose.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Could somebody take away the DSPlayer thread from the stickies? It's seriously out of date...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Is anyone able to seemlessly watch stacked video files with DSPlayer?

If you have e.g.

movie-cd1.avi
movie-cd2.avi

the playback stops at the end of cd1 and returns to the home menu (at least on my installation). No problem with DVDPlayer....
Hello,

I just installed the "xbmc-11.0-dsplayer.exe", but if I want to play a movie with the dsplayer, nothin happens.
Logfile says:

11:01:26 T:5032 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
11:01:26 T:5032 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
11:01:26 T:5032 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
11:01:27 T:5032 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
11:01:27 T:5032 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
11:01:27 T:5032 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
11:01:27 T:5032 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "MKV Source" to the graph
11:01:27 T:5032 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter/source
11:01:28 T:5032 NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadStreamsInternal Audio stream found : German, AC3 by VCF
11:01:28 T:5032 NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadStreamsInternal Audio stream found : English
11:01:28 T:5032 WARNING: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules DVDPlayer failed to fetch streams details. Using DirectShow ones
11:01:28 T:5032 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "MPC Video Decoder" to the graph
11:01:29 T:5032 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
11:01:29 T:5032 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "ffdaudiodec"
11:01:29 T:5032 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
11:01:29 T:2748 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [Y:\film\reel.steel.mkv]
11:01:29 T:2748 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "MPC Video Decoder" from the graph
11:01:29 T:2748 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "MKV Source" from the graph
11:01:29 T:2748 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc VMR9" from the graph
11:01:29 T:2748 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
11:01:29 T:2748 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed

can some one help me out?
Thank you
@hoschi

Follow this guide link on page 1 of this thread: DSPlayer with LAV Filters setup guide by alexrose1uk

(2012-03-26, 13:35)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 12:21)daffeh Wrote:

That's what I use it for

And more than that. Basically, the ability to use the codecs u prefer when u prefer with the file types u want. If u're ok with what u get with the default DVDplayer (it's a good player), don't change. But if, as me, u have a (more or less) good TV, lot of High Definition media, and u are able to see the difference when u use other codecs, u will want to be able to chose.

1) HD Audio
2) 10 bit support
3) Better Picture Quality
4) AAC 5.1 --> DD 5.1 (ffdshow as well)

there was another thing i posted it a few posts back!
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13