• 100(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
With lavf that version I last compiled from git is working well for me.
As before compiled for those always on the bleeding edge (based on https://github.com/pannal/xbmc/commit/df...8474a7df68): https://github.com/downloads/pannal/xbmc...903-dx.exe

(Just forked avmedia for being able to post the compiled version; Get a hold of your own mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml for good.)
Is there anyway to get SVP working with that Beta 1 frodo build? I've been messing around with it but can't get it to go through SVP... and if I copy the dsplayer folder from my current Eden build then it crashes on play :L
LAV video and audio works great here (but without LAV splitter or LAV Source, i'm using Haali instead)
Thanks for your effort, panni! Seems like a solid build, i'll keep testing...
@panni & sergiocos - I didn't say that it wasn't working - with LAV or any other filters. I said that the default settings included in the playercorefactory were incorrect for a default build - the splitter filter name was wrong, meaning that amendments had to be made before playback could be achieved.

Without working 'forced subtitles' and poor skip chapter functions, the build for me is unstable - otherwise, if you can live without those, then I suppose the build is sound.
you're right, i forgot about the subtitle issue, i just tested random video files... still, the dsplayer seems on the right track Smile
(2012-10-25, 01:00)therealjoeblow Wrote: Hey folks,

In the DSPlayer config under Videos, there is an option "Use EVR instead of VMR9"

Does anyone know how to get this to work on WinXP (I am unable to upgrade this machine to Win7 for fear of breaking something that otherwise works very well and has too much setup invested to make major changes)?

When I enable it, nothing plays back (no errors or popups, just when I click 'play' nothing happens, the UI stalls for a half second or so then goes back to waiting on user input to move the cursor, etc).

EVR works fine in MPC-HC and ZoomPlayer on this machine...

Many thanks
The REAL Joe.

Is anyone able to help me out with this please? I was hopeful when Tiben chimed in some time ago that he would be able to solve the juddery playback on VMR9,but unfortunately he's gone again and now I'm hoping EVR would help but can't get it to work on WinXP.

thanks TRJB
(2012-11-29, 13:02)steelman1991 Wrote: seeking causes terrible delays/freezes then subsequent increased speed catch ups (Video to Audio).

Just tired the latest build for the first time in ages and got the same results with seeking, shame as frodo has some features I'm after.

Back to my trusted but old Rev#553d719 Tongue

Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
(2012-12-01, 20:33)Kolmain Wrote: Is there anyway to get SVP working with that Beta 1 frodo build? I've been messing around with it but can't get it to go through SVP... and if I copy the dsplayer folder from my current Eden build then it crashes on play :L

Yes, I'm actively using SVP with those frodo builds.

The key is the ffdraw part in both:

filtersconfig.xml:
Code:
<filter name="ffdraw" type="extra">
     <guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
     <osdname>FFdshow RAW</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="lavfsource" type="source">
     <path>LAVSplitter.ax</path>
     <guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
     <osdname>LAV Splitter Source</osdname>
</filter>

mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="lavfsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavfsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideodec" />
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
      <extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra videoresolution="480|540|576|720|1080" filter="ffdraw" />
      </extra>
    </rule>
Does anyone have any idea on how to get the video to play through SVP? I have a build with it working but I can't get it working in this Frodo build?...

EDIT:
(2012-12-04, 22:08)panni Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 20:33)Kolmain Wrote: Is there anyway to get SVP working with that Beta 1 frodo build? I've been messing around with it but can't get it to go through SVP... and if I copy the dsplayer folder from my current Eden build then it crashes on play :L

Yes, I'm actively using SVP with those frodo builds.

The key is the ffdraw part in both:

filtersconfig.xml:
Code:
<filter name="ffdraw" type="extra">
     <osdname>FFdshow RAW</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="lavfsource" type="source">
     <path>LAVSplitter.ax</path>
     <guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
     <osdname>LAV Splitter Source</osdname>
</filter>

mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="lavfsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavfsplitter" />
      <extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra videoresolution="480|540|576|720|1080" filter="ffdraw" />
      </extra>
    </rule>

Your post didn't show- thank you I'll try it tonight!!
I tried adding those to the files but still no joy Sad
Well, open %appdata%\XBMC\XBMC.log and look for errors. You may have to comment out "<extra filter="ac3filter" />" (results in "<!-- <extra filter="ac3filter" /> -->") if you don't have AC3Filter installed.

Also you have to make sure that you registered the lavf filters (doubleclick all of those .bat files in dsplayer folder). And ffdshow has to be installed.

You may also send me a private message with your XBMC.log if you want to - I don't see this as a help-thread, though, I only compile the work of others.
I use new build DSplayer with SVP too,In My filtersconfig,I add ffdraw to extra section.

<filter name="ffdrawvid" type="extra">
<osdname>ffdshow raw video filter</osdname>
</filter>

and this code for mkv in mediaconfig (AVSplitter must be installed)

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="avsource" />
<splitter filter="avsource" />
<extra>
<extra filter="ffdrawvid" />
</extra>
<shaders>
<shader id="21" />
</shaders>
</rule>
(2012-12-05, 12:19)devilshura Wrote: I use new build DSplayer with SVP too,In My filtersconfig,I add ffdraw to extra section.

<filter name="ffdrawvid" type="extra">
<osdname>ffdshow raw video filter</osdname>
</filter>

and this code for mkv in mediaconfig (AVSplitter must be installed)

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="avsource" />
<splitter filter="avsource" />
<extra>
<extra filter="ffdrawvid" />
</extra>
<shaders>
<shader id="21" />
</shaders>
</rule>

For some reason I'm using the Haali splitter... I set it up off an Eden build I found on the SVP site. Can you upload your working Frodo build for me and tell me what your using and I'll try to set it up that way?
What are you running? I'm running W8 64bit.
I think the code for DSplayer is external.That can use Eden-config to frodo build too.I use K-lite mega 32 bit codec ,that install on my 64 bit system(both win7/8). You can get my config by link from G-drive below.(Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1EzEDX...zJNcDZRbW8

Quote:ลองโหลดตัวแก้ไขที่ผมทำไว้แล้วไปใช้ดูครับ(คลิ้กรันเลย มันจะแตกไฟล์ไปลงที่dsplayerอัตโนมัติ)
[url=https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1EzEDXWpNR4Rk9EXzJNcDZRbW8"]DSplayer config[/url]
แต่ก่อนอื่นต้องเช็คว่า codec ที่เราเซ็ตไว้มันเปิดรับformatทั้งหมดแล้วก่อนครับ หลักๆคือ
-Haali splitter
-LAV videodec
-ffdshow raw videodec
-LAV audiodec
-ffdshow audiodec
ตัวอย่าง ของการเล่นMKV จากใน mediasconfig.xml
Quote: <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
<extra>