• 3(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
Hello
For me, what is particularly interesting because it is DSPlayer opportunity to make a portable version with built-in decoders, plus the ability to create rules for what content to play any decoder.
Because the example DSCodec there all chosen from priority in the system, but often that one decoder interrupts the other is still some problems.
OK, please excuse my ignorance and no disrespect to anyone, but what is the whole hype and buzz aboutHuh

How is this release different to Dharma and will it work on a Windows OS

Regards
With this build, XBMC will work with any custom directshow filters (ffdshow, coreavc, ac3filter, haali media splitter etc...). Works only on windows.
sergiocos Wrote:With this build, XBMC will work with any custom directshow filters (ffdshow, coreavc, ac3filter, haali media splitter etc...). Works only on windows.

Thanks, and sorry I should have known - posted in a Windows section of the forums.

Does this mean that BR's ISO's are now playable with HD audio without having to use external programs?
probably not, but BR rips, yes.
sergiocos Wrote:probably not, but BR rips, yes.

BR rips like mkv etc.

My main thing is HD audio. That would be great if possible using ffdshow
HD audio is possible (look for Guide: Setting up DSplayer using Shark Codec Pack, inc HD Audio bitstreaming), BR.ISO not possible because of the java menus
Cheers for the merge 0wing. There's skin fixes in there that are needed!
sergiocos Wrote:HD audio is possible (look for Guide: Setting up DSplayer using Shark Codec Pack, inc HD Audio bitstreaming), BR.ISO not possible because of the java menus

Unencrypted bluray iso should work if I remember correctly, no menus though.
0wing Wrote:Unencrypted bluray iso should work if I remember correctly, no menus though.

By unencrypted meaning a BR ripped to your PC/NAS with ANyDVD HD removing the copyright.

All my BR's (originals) are like this and they don't seem to play.

I followed the tutotial using Shark codec pack but it will only play MKV's.

While on the topic of MKV's, the one I tested include the HD audio track as well as stereo, but it will only play the stereo track. If I select the 3/2 chanel track, it reverts back to stereo.

My amp is a Yamaha 2067 and it plays HD audio just fine.
getafix Wrote:By unencrypted meaning a BR ripped to your PC/NAS with ANyDVD HD removing the copyright.

All my BR's (originals) are like this and they don't seem to play.

I followed the tutotial using Shark codec pack but it will only play MKV's.

While on the topic of MKV's, the one I tested include the HD audio track as well as stereo, but it will only play the stereo track. If I select the 3/2 chanel track, it reverts back to stereo.

My amp is a Yamaha 2067 and it plays HD audio just fine.

Upon further investigation, it seem like DSPlayer can't play bluray iso.
XBMC can play them, without HD audio though.

Mkv with HD audio should work, which guide are you using?
You should never install codec packs. The only thing you need is FFDShow.
0wing Wrote:Upon further investigation, it seem like DSPlayer can't play bluray iso.
XBMC can play them, without HD audio though.

Mkv with HD audio should work, which guide are you using?
You should never install codec packs. The only thing you need is FFDShow.

OK, I accept the ISO issue. I used the guide that is linked to on the first page of this thread.

I would appreciate it if you point me to a guide that just uses ffdshow.

Thanks
Gareth
Install ffdshow then go into ffdshow audio decoder configuration and select output.

Check all supported formats for Pass-trough and 24-bit if your receiver supports it.
That should do it if you haven't changed the mediasconfig.xml for DSPlayer to use something else than ffdshow for audio in mkvs.
Any way to get the Youtube and iPlayer plugins to work under DSPlayer ?
0wing Wrote:Install ffdshow then go into ffdshow audio decoder configuration and select output.

Check all supported formats for Pass-trough and 24-bit if your receiver supports it.
That should do it if you haven't changed the mediasconfig.xml for DSPlayer to use something else than ffdshow for audio in mkvs.

Cool, didn't think it was that easy. Will give it a bash

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13