• 59(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
JPSDR - check the colour output settings.
I can't remember which part controls this, XBMC or FFDShow, but your blacks issue sounds very much like the wrong RGB range being selected etc

You should be able to change this Smile

For obvious reasons I can't help with the rest. It would be worth checking if XBMC is in fullscreen or fake fullscreen mode though, as I don't have any issues with flickering OSD that I've noticed.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
ashlar Wrote:Still hoping to hear from 0wing regarding the possibility of mantaining a different release with MadVR incorporated.

What I think doesn't really matter, anyone can learn a few git commands and compile XBMC.

Heck, if tiben didn't "hate" git so much I wouldn't be needed anymore :p.
Hello everyone, Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great holiday season.

@Tiben:

I'm probably one of the very few still using WinXP on my HTPC rig, but it works fine and I'm reluctant to upgrade it to Win7 in case something else breaks (and because support for my Remote is poor in Win7), so I'm stuck with VMR9.

If you recall, way back in the early development days R-28016 had flawless, perfect smooth playback with VMR9 on WinXP, but sometime later, Blinkseb reworked the renderers and it was never smooth again. I recall several PM's with you and you said you planned to fix it but never got around to it.

I was wondering if you might be able to look into this sometime in the near future? I've been living with the periodic frame jerks and hickups for agaes now hoping that someday another solution would present itself, but no luck yet.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
jpsdr Wrote:Thanks Tiben & Owing for their work.

I've made tests using the last version by by Owing :
I've configured for mkv DSplayer to use Haali splitter and ffdshow audio and video, exactly how mpc-hc behave on my system.

- Black are grey, realy, like if a veil was on the screen. Same files, read with mpc-hc started from xbmc (so using the same splitter/decoding) play fine. Don't remember having this problem when tested DSPlayer a while ago.
- OSD display are unstable, when i display menu with [M], it flicker horribly from 2 positions.
- No Spline36 for resize ?

Subtitles : Almost all the files i use failled to render properly (see post #576), no crash, only rendering is bad. Engine of standard player is a way better. Sometimes subtitles are out of sync, even without seeking in the file.

Well, a lot of issues, but when everything will be working fine, it will be very interesting.

DSPlayer seems to respect colour space in your GPU so check that first XBMC always outputs 0-255 regardless if you have it set wrong using it with DSPlayer you can get blacks looking grey

It sounds like your using XP if you have that problem with the OSD one reason I switched to Win 7

therealjoeblow Wrote:Hello everyone, Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great holiday season.

@Tiben:

I'm probably one of the very few still using WinXP on my HTPC rig, but it works fine and I'm reluctant to upgrade it to Win7 in case something else breaks (and because support for my Remote is poor in Win7), so I'm stuck with VMR9.

If you recall, way back in the early development days R-28016 had flawless, perfect smooth playback with VMR9 on WinXP, but sometime later, Blinkseb reworked the renderers and it was never smooth again. I recall several PM's with you and you said you planned to fix it but never got around to it.

I was wondering if you might be able to look into this sometime in the near future? I've been living with the periodic frame jerks and hickups for agaes now hoping that someday another solution would present itself, but no luck yet.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

I didn't want to switch to win 7 from XP but found everything worked perfectly in win 7 at least for me with Rev 553d719 only one slight issue for me with these builds
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Here's the beginners guide for easy setup of DSPlayer (with an eye to Hi10p playback), 0Wing. I've corrected that link typo before shifting it over here.

For any other new users coming into the thread, feel free to use this to help you get up and running quickly.

Quote:***THE GUIDE*** v2

Necessary Files
1.Download the latest build of DSPlayer from
http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/
Additional links also sometimes provided here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629
This is the official XBMC with DSPlayer thread which is still running and open, so if you encounter problems, it's one of the best places to go to catch other users or Tiben's attention.

(All credit goes to Tiben and BlinkSeb for creating DSplayer, and 0wing for putting together this unnofficial, Pre-Eden build).

2. Download the latest LAV Filters installer from
http://1f0.de/downloads/.
At the time of writing this, the latest version is 0.43

2a. Download my pre-setup DSPlayer XML files pack (this simplifies the setup process, rather than you having to create/amend the necessary files yourself).
http://www.mediafire.com/?shhv882weatedlo

Initial Setup
3. Install XBMC as though it were the normal build, load it up and setup all your preferences, such as true fullscreen rather than windowed. Once this is done, exit XBMC, do not try to play anything yet.

4. Install the LAV Filters using the LAV installer downloaded previously (ensure you install the x86 version of the LAV files, even if you are using Windows x64, as XBMC/DSPlayer can only use x86 filters)

5. Go to the new LAV Filters start menu option and pick LAV Audio Configuration. Under formats, tick all those you wish to bitstream. You shouldn't have to change anything else, so just click OK once this is done.
6. OPTIONAL STEP if you want to enable CUVID Nvidia hardware decoding or set uniform RGB output values.
Go to LAV Filters in the start menu again and this time pick LAV Video. If you want to enable CUVID video decoding, or RGB output values you can do so here.
-I have some files that don't play nicely decoded by CUVID so I left hardware acceleration set to none Smile

Configuring XBMC to use DSPlayer
- For these steps you will need my DSPlayerfiles pack, which you should have downloaded under step 2a (you can create/edit the files yourself...but this is easier) Smile

7. Navigate to your XBMC Userdata folder
(On Win7 this will usually be C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata)
8.Copy advancedsettings.xml from my pack here. This file will tell XBMC to use DSPlayer instead of DVDPlayer for videos by default.
9. Now create a folder inside Userdata called 'dsplayer'. Put renderersettings.xml from my pack in here.

-This will tell DSPlayer to render subtitles at 1080p, and also to enable subtitle animation. If you screen isn't 1080p, your machine is too slow to fluently render high res subs at the same time as Hi10p, or you don't want animated subs, you can edit the file with notepad to suit your needs, it should be fairly self explanatory Smile

10. Leave your userdata folder behind and go to your XBMC install folder. (Usually this will be C:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC).
Go into the system subfolder, then players and finally into the dsplayer subfolder (XBMC\system\players\dsplayer).

11. Make a backup copy of mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml incase you ever want to go back to the originals. (ie mediasconfig.bak)
12. Copy the mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml from my files pack into the folder, replacing the originals.

13. Now load up XBMC, and open a video of your choice. Go to the in-playback video options menu.
14. Change the scaling option to Bicubic or Bilinear, rather than Nearest Neighbour. This will resolve blockiness issues which occasionally catches out people new to the player. Once you have set your chosen option scroll down to the bottom of the video options menu and save this as the default for all videos; this will prevent you having to set this up for each video.
Like with MPC-HC, these scaling options will very slightly affect performance, but can also help make low res video scaled to HD resolutions far more tolerable. For reference I use Bicubic -0.75

14. Enjoy!

This probably sounds loads more complicated than it is, but once you've done it a couple of times it's really easy, especially if you've got the .xml files already setup and just needing copied into the right places Smile

As an aside, if you right click/press C whilst a file is highlighted in XBMC, you should be able to use the 'Play using' option to use DVDPlayer instead of DSPlayer for any files it disagrees with.

Hope this helps!

The default files provided by the XBMC DSPlayer branch specify to use the included mpc-hc video decoder filter, and also to use FFDshow for the audio, which you needed to install seperately.

As the LAV decoders have been a little more reliable for certain filetypes and bitstreaming, and also was one of the first video decoders to incorporate proper Hi10p support; my xml files reconfigure every video type DSPlayer would traditionally play with FFDShow to use the LAV filters instead, simplifying installation for a new user (compared to the V1 files which only did this for MKV)

The official DSPlayer splitter and LAV's splitter also come from the same code base so this is as much a homage to thier work together as anything else, however the LAV Splitter should be slightly more up to date!

LAV Video decoder defaults to multithreaded CPU only decoding, unless you explicitly enable CUVID [ATI equivalent due as a future option].
If you find this is too much for your CPU, you may amend the mediasconfig.xml to use the original default MPC video decoder again which will utilise DXVA, however, I cannot guarantee if this as yet will fully support 10bit h264 out the box.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
thanks alexrose1uk for the guide for beginners like meBig Grin

anyhow, I decided to updated to 0wing latest build and dsplayer stopped working.No I than decided to wiped my system clean and re-installed Windows 7 x64. Just wanted to start fresh this time without anything else install but LAV and XBMC with Dsplayer. After configuring XBMC settings I exited and installed LAV .43. I selected both x86 and x64 bits during installation (just incase). Went into LAV audio and configured bitstream. Rebooted and starts up XBMC. went to play A-team for testing and nothing play. Here is the logs

13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CDSGraph::SetFile Successfully added XBMC to the Running Object Table
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default DirectSound Device" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default WaveOut Device" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer list. Elapsed time: 7.92ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer from registry. Elapsed time: 0.37ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Added audio renderer to the graph. Elapsed time: 0.01ms
13:29:48 T:1168 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading audio renderer. Elapsed time: 8.51ms
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFGFilterVideoRenderer::Create Allocator presenter successfully created
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFGLoader::InsertVideoRenderer Allocator presenter successfully added to the graph (Renderer: Enhanced Video Renderer)
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading video renderer. Elapsed time: 172.27ms
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: lavsource for rule: un-named
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGFilterFile::Create Failed to load external filter (clsid:{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338} path:C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVSplitter.ax). Trying with CoCreateInstance
13:29:48 T:1168 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "lavsource"
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 184.37ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CDSPlayer::OnStartup Loading file. Elapsed time: 194.85ms
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Thread CDSPlayer 1168 terminating
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
13:29:48 T:532 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://FILER/Media/Movies/A-Team (2010)/A-Team (2010).mkv]
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: Playlist Player: no more playable items... aborting playback

Don't wants to mess with any settings right now but to ask for suggestions. Thanks
darknet Wrote:thanks alexrose1uk for the guide for beginners like meBig Grin

anyhow, I decided to updated to 0wing latest build and dsplayer stopped working.No I than decided to wiped my system clean and re-installed Windows 7 x64. Just wanted to start fresh this time without anything else install but LAV and XBMC with Dsplayer. After configuring XBMC settings I exited and installed LAV .43. I selected both x86 and x64 bits during installation (just incase). Went into LAV audio and configured bitstream. Rebooted and starts up XBMC. went to play A-team for testing and nothing play. Here is the logs

13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CDSGraph::SetFile Successfully added XBMC to the Running Object Table
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default DirectSound Device" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "Default WaveOut Device" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Found audio renderer device "DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer list. Elapsed time: 7.92ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Loaded audio renderer from registry. Elapsed time: 0.37ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Added audio renderer to the graph. Elapsed time: 0.01ms
13:29:48 T:1168 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading audio renderer. Elapsed time: 8.51ms
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFGFilterVideoRenderer::Create Allocator presenter successfully created
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFGLoader::InsertVideoRenderer Allocator presenter successfully added to the graph (Renderer: Enhanced Video Renderer)
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading video renderer. Elapsed time: 172.27ms
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: lavsource for rule: un-named
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CFGFilterFile::Create Failed to load external filter (clsid:{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338} path:C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVSplitter.ax). Trying with CoCreateInstance
13:29:48 T:1168 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "lavsource"
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
13:29:48 T:1168 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 184.37ms
13:29:48 T:1168 INFO: CDSPlayer::OnStartup Loading file. Elapsed time: 194.85ms
13:29:48 T:1168 DEBUG: Thread CDSPlayer 1168 terminating
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
13:29:48 T:532 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://FILER/Media/Movies/A-Team (2010)/A-Team (2010).mkv]
13:29:48 T:532 DEBUG: Playlist Player: no more playable items... aborting playback

Don't wants to mess with any settings right now but to ask for suggestions. Thanks

Open LAV Splitter Configuration in the start menu and check if matroska is selected under Input Formats.

Edit: scratch that, just checked myself. That causes a different error.

Edit2: I get that exact error if I install only the x64 version, try uninstalling LAV Filters and then install just the x86 version.
Yeah, its looking like it's trying to find LAV to use it, but failing, as though it's not installed correctly.

Typically I tend to just install both versions with the installer programme from the LAV site, but like 0wing says, it might be worth uninstalling LAV and trying installing just the x86 variants to see if something's gone wierd. Did you install it to the default location?

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\ is the correct filter present?
If for whatever reason it's not, if you go back to the LAV site, download the pure zip file of the filters, and then place the filter in the expected location, does it work then?

Something's definately gone a little wierd, as I the steps and provided files on a previously XBMC/LAV free machine recently and it worked fine, the problem doesn't so much seem to be the DSPlayer configuration, but down to the simple fact it's not able to find/open the LAVSplitter.ax file in the expected place.

alexrose1uk Wrote:Yeah, its looking like it's trying to find LAV to use it but failing.

Typically I tend to just install both versions with the installer programme from the LAV site, but like 0wing says, it might be worth uninstalling LAV and trying installing just the x86 variants to see if somethings gone wierd. Did you install it to the default location?

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\ is the correct filter present?

Thanks guys..

As I stated earlier I did installed LAV 32 and 64 bits at same time (first installed). I will now uninstalling LAV and re-install just 32 bits only and report back.

Edited: Still not working after just installing LAV 32 bit..see logs

15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
15:43:17 T:1272 DEBUG: CFGFilterVideoRenderer::Create Allocator presenter successfully created
15:43:17 T:1272 DEBUG: CFGLoader::InsertVideoRenderer Allocator presenter successfully added to the graph (Renderer: Enhanced Video Renderer)
15:43:17 T:1272 INFO: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Loading video renderer. Elapsed time: 150.02ms
15:43:17 T:1272 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: lavsource for rule: un-named
15:43:17 T:1272 INFO: CFGFilterFile::Create Failed to load external filter (clsid:{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338} path:C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVSplitter.ax). Trying with CoCreateInstance
15:43:17 T:1272 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
15:43:17 T:1272 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "lavsource"
15:43:17 T:1272 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
15:43:17 T:1272 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
15:43:17 T:1272 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 156.41ms
15:43:17 T:1272 INFO: CDSPlayer::OnStartup Loading file. Elapsed time: 163.68ms
15:43:17 T:1272 DEBUG: Thread CDSPlayer 1272 terminating
15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
15:43:17 T:2976 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://FILER/Media/Movies/A-Team (2010)/A-Team (2010).mkv]
15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: Playlist Player: one or more items failed to play... aborting playback
15:43:17 T:2976 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
15:43:17 T:2976 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

with lav 32 bit only with mkv file and graphstudio I get "Cannot open file" error message. Sorry don't know how to upload image at this time.

Under Graphstudio-->Graph->Filters I don't see LAV directshow filters listed at all. I do see them listed if both LAV 32 and 64 bit installed. now if I drop an mkv file into graphstudio I see

Ateam.mkv--->Microsoft DTV-DVD video Decoder----->Video Renderer
|
|
Lav Audio Decoder---> Default DirectSound Device

Don't know why its not working for me although this is very straight forward setup from a clean install. Do I need to registered any other filters beside installing LAV? Not according to the guide. I just have to use dvdplayer until get this working somehow. very frustrating.
Mmm, it's what I usually do myself, but it almost sounds as the file wasn't installed in the location properly for whatever reason or DSPlayer is unable to read/open it for an unknown reason.

If you run XBMC with admin rights does it do the same thing (this is presuming reinstalling LAV doesn't resolve the issue).

It seems similar issues have happened to other people previously, as, although in regards to FFDShow this seems to have cropped up before as I notice this error message is noted on the DSPlayer Wiki
XBMC DSPlayer Wiki Wrote:"Failed to load external filter"

If your debug log shows "Failed to load external filter", please do the following :
-Please check if the file exists (use the path in the log)

Again, this seems to suggest the problem might be with filter not installing properly for some reason/not being located in the expected place. Check if the x86 filter is exactly in the location the log thinks it should be, and named identically Smile

0wing Wrote:What I think doesn't really matter, anyone can learn a few git commands and compile XBMC.

Heck, if tiben didn't "hate" git so much I wouldn't be needed anymore :p.
Well, it seemed to me that the only way we could get MadVR on XBMC was through a fork. I still don't get why, as in the past features have been inserted that were for single OSes (VDPAU for instance).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
alexrose1uk Wrote:Mmm, it's what I usually do myself, but it almost sounds as the file wasn't installed in the location properly for whatever reason or DSPlayer is unable to read/open it for an unknown reason.

If you run XBMC with admin rights does it do the same thing (this is presuming reinstalling LAV doesn't resolve the issue).

It seems similar issues have happened to other people previously, as, although in regards to FFDShow this seems to have cropped up before as I notice this error message is noted on the DSPlayer Wiki

Again, this seems to suggest the problem might be with filter not installing properly for some reason/not being located in the expected place. Check if the x86 filter is exactly in the location the log thinks it should be, and named identically Smile

I tried with admin rights but still same. Double and triple checks path and they both look correct. The path listed all three LAVAudio.ax, LAVSplitter.ax and LAVVideo.ax filters
ashlar Wrote:Well, it seemed to me that the only way we could get MadVR on XBMC was through a fork. I still don't get why, as in the past features have been inserted that were for single OSes (VDPAU for instance).

The current focus is to get DSPlayer merged into the main XBMC branch.
If tiben and madshi decides to develop madVR support for it later it would go in a separate branch/fork, as things stand now.
darknet Wrote:I tried with admin rights but still same. Double and triple checks path and they both look correct. The path listed all three LAVAudio.ax, LAVSplitter.ax and LAVVideo.ax filters

Hmmm, how wierd! I'm not sure what to suggest, as this isn't something I've run into, the guide doesn't seem to miss anything crucial as it's worked fine for Boingman in the other thread, and I'm not entirely sure whether the issue stems from something to do with LAV's installation, rather than DSPlayer.

Next steps to try might be:
1. Install MPC-HC, configure that to use LAV as the prefered decoder and see if that can access LAV.

2. Uninstall LAV, run the directshow filter reset file I linked earlier in the thread to clear any and all defaults, and then try reinstalling LAV, BUT change the install directory to somewhere else outside of the program files or windows folders, so say, C:\LAV, and then see if XBMC picks up the change in install directory in the debug log/works; just in case for whatever reason XBMC/DSPlayer is having some sort of permissions issue reading the files.

ashlar Wrote:Well, it seemed to me that the only way we could get MadVR on XBMC was through a fork. I still don't get why, as in the past features have been inserted that were for single OSes (VDPAU for instance).
VDPAU didn't require a complete override of the whole xbmc rendering process.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13