• 8(current)
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
(2012-07-12, 03:24)SmittS Wrote: Is this still the best/only way to share with Lion to XBMC?

Try SMBUp (wiki) to get SMB working in Lion again.
I'm a long time user of XBMC and I haven't really needed too much from the forums until now. So I'm going to resurrect this thread. My problems aren't specifically iOS related, but this is the most comprehensive MediaMaster Server thread I could find. In fact, this thread had the most information about MMS across the entire Internet. Including the software developers site.

The short story is that MMS has wasted the last three to four hours of my life.

Long story is, I really want this to work. So here's the setup.

Network:
Airport Extreme -> Gigabit Switch

Main server:
MacMini 2010
2.4Ghz C2D
16GB Ram
OS X 10.8
Frodo (Final release)
Entire library on Drobo connected FW-800 to MacMini
MediaMaster Server (Supposedly set up and running)
Static IP

Network player 1:
ATV1
Broadcom Crystal HD Card
Launcher v3.2.5
Eden

Network Player 2:
MacBook Pro 2011
2.3 i5
16GB Ram
OS X 10.8
Frodo (Final Release)

MMS Config:
HTTPS
Port 8453
Username and password are set
MMS reports server running on port 8453

Attempted Source Configuration (attempting on local network):
WebDAV server (HTTPS)
Server Address: x.x.x.75
Remote Path: (blank)
Port: 8453
Username: (is correct)
Password: (is correct)

So. MMS reports everything is running fine. An AngryIP scan shows that the port (8435 in this case) is open on my server (x.x.x.75). However. Every single time I try to add the network source to XBMC, I get the error:

Quote:XBMC was unable to connect to the network location.
This could be due to the network not being connected.
Would you like to add it anyway?

That is all I can get. Ever. I know the network is working because both my ATV and MacBook Pro can hit the AFP share and load up the data just fine. The eventual plan is to have the entire library available to my MBP, Android phone, & iPad. But this thing is the key.

Any help that can be provided would be glorious. Thanks.
To be honest, I'm not sure if it's an issue in XBMC v12 or an issue with MMS. MMS has always seemed a little touchy when I used it, but it flat out won't work with v12, while other webDAV servers I've used do still work (mostly ones on iOS). I wish I had better news on this. I personally haven't bothered to look into other easy WebDAV solutions for Mac OS X since SMBUp (wiki) fixes SMB, and NFS Manager (wiki) provides an easy interface for NFS (wiki) shares.
I'm confident that the problem is with MMS. Can you use SMB or NFS over Wan? I guess if you port forward appropriately.....BUT I'd really like to have my library available on the go. (both iOS and Android down the road) which is where WebDAV really comes in handy.

My business partner suggested I try Plex....and while I applaud their use of remote services and easy setup.....the interface and general usability is atrocious.
I signed up just to this forum just to thank you!! Works GREAT with Keynote on Iphone etc. Awesome!!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion0