• 3(current)
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
ofcourse ned this only works if you are using one volume, otherwise the root directory needs to be a folder with symbolic links.

although, now that i think about it, what if i made my root folder the volumes folder? hmmmm........
--
prophetizer Wrote:ofcourse ned this only works if you are using one volume, otherwise the root directory needs to be a folder with symbolic links.

although, now that i think about it, what if i made my root folder the volumes folder? hmmmm........

For MediaMaster Server, yes. WebDAV itself should be able to support more than one sharepoint.

Targeting the volumes folder would expose all your files on the Mac. Be sure to enable the secure option and use SHTTP webDAV in XBMC if you do that. At that point you might as well just share files using SFTP (not to be confused with FTP) and turn SSH on the Mac.
I cant get XBMC and the Computer with OS X Lion to connect with each other. I have a cable from the Mini-PC to Airport Xtreme and from that a cable to my computer. Please have a look att my pictures and see if you can help med out.

If I look at General picture in MediaMaster Server i see that it sometimes have connetions, and in the log i see this:
2011-08-12 17:43:53 Starting Media...
2011-08-12 17:44:08 Starting http se
2011-08-12 17:55:17 Authenticating...
2011-08-12 17:55:22 Authenticating...
2011-08-12 17:55:58 Authenticating...

matsmac, it looks like you've entered everything correctly. When I get back home I will see if there's an easy way to test if the problem is in MediaMaster server or what. If you have another Mac or an iPhone/iPad/iPod you can test MMS specifically. I get the feeling MMS might not be starting the webDAV share.
Ned Scott Wrote:matsmac, it looks like you've entered everything correctly. When I get back home I will see if there's an easy way to test if the problem is in MediaMaster server or what. If you have another Mac or an iPhone/iPad/iPod you can test MMS specifically. I get the feeling MMS might not be starting the webDAV share.
Hi Ned Scott. It looks like you are right. I downloaded the program to my iPad and the iPad recognises my computer and i get the login page, but after that it tries to connect and it gets time out afte a while. The message I then get is the following:

[quote]Error Domain=NSURLEErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out." UserInfo=0x1f19d4b0NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://imac.local.:8000///,[NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://imac.local.:8000///.NSLocalizedDescription=The request timed out.,NSUnderlyingError=0x1f18aee0"The request timed out."]/QUOTE]
I got along great thanks@
Sorry if this turns out to be a dumbass question but would this solution work in any with Apple TV1?

Regards

Si
crustyjuggler Wrote:Sorry if this turns out to be a dumbass question but would this solution work in any with Apple TV1?

Regards

Si

Yes. It will let you share videos on Mac OS 10.7 to any installation of XBMC (that supports webDav, which is at least v10 and up). I was just watching shows using MediaMaster Server/webDAV off my laptop to my ATV1 this morning.
Awesome thanks Ned, I think i'm still on 9. something. Is there any instructions for the laymen as to setting this up with MMServer and ATV1?
Ok i updated Launcher and XBMC to 10.1..

I setup MMServer to the media folder (TV shows and Movie) i created on an external volume. Left the port to 8000, filled my regular user and password and ticked secure (i tried both ways) and clicked 'on'

In XBMC i selected a new source, clicked webdav HTTPS, inserted the IP address: 192.168.blah.blah.

Remote path i left blank, do i need to fill something here as nobody mentions it in any instructions?

Port: 8000

My username and password..

Nothing happens, no errors just a wheel for a few seconds then nothing. If i try to add the source anyway i get the 'Unnable to connect, could not retrieve dir info.. add anyway?'

I'm missing something, maybe someone can help figure it out.

ATV1, Lion, Macbook Pro
Just tried it on my 10.1 HTPC and sure enough it's having problems. I can add a webDAV share from my iPhone running something like AirSharing, but it seems 10.1 does not like MediaMaster Server. On my ATV1 that I talked about I had installed a recent nightly build (pre v11) and it works perfectly. I guess you could try a nightly, but it's very strange that it doesn't work on 10.1 when other webDAV sources work just fine.
Could you possibly point me to some blurb on installing nightly builds? Neve tried that yet.
Ned Scott Wrote:Just tried it on my 10.1 HTPC and sure enough it's having problems. I can add a webDAV share from my iPhone running something like AirSharing, but it seems 10.1 does not like MediaMaster Server. On my ATV1 that I talked about I had installed a recent nightly build (pre v11) and it works perfectly. I guess you could try a nightly, but it's very strange that it doesn't work on 10.1 when other webDAV sources work just fine.

MediaMaster Server freezes my imac (Lion 10.7.0) up after 20-30 min. I had to go back to UPNP (Playback). I hope the MediaMaster Server devs fix the bug.
Asgardsurfer Wrote:MediaMaster Server freezes my imac (Lion 10.7.0) up after 20-30 min. I had to go back to UPNP (Playback). I hope the MediaMaster Server devs fix the bug.

They can only fix bugs that they know about, so be sure to tell them directly. http://www.moderndigitalmedia.com/Support.html
Ned Scott Wrote:They can only fix bugs that they know about, so be sure to tell them directly. http://www.moderndigitalmedia.com/Support.html
Good idea Ned, communicated with them.
If anyone else with 10.7 has freezing issues, please share.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion0