• 4(current)
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
works fine for me, but I have problems with HD files, it buffer every 20 seconds.. I see that the maximum upload speed is around 600ko

Did the same on Snow Leopard with Samba, maybe someone have an idea ?

I run 10.7 on an early 2009 Imac and XBMC on an ATV2 over wifi.
Thanks
crustyjuggler Wrote:Could you possibly point me to some blurb on installing nightly builds? Neve tried that yet.

For your ATV1 this should do the trick: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67078

Let me know if you need any help with that.
Ned Scott Wrote:Let me know if you need any help with that.

Thanks for all your personal help Ned. I feel like i really want to conquer it but i'm so far outta my depth i don't want to piss anyone off with the mundane stuff. I read the thread front to back but need another few reads before i can even begin to understand it.

I guess the thing i need to learn now is how to SSH into the box (don't laughSmile, so i'll try to find that info by myself and have a good darn try before i come back to you again.

I'm just not ready to throw in the towel just yet.. (damn you Lion)
All working now, thanks.. The nightly build did the trick and I feel a little stupid as to how easy it was to install. When i see code i usually just freak.

Cheers
crustyjuggler Wrote:All working now, thanks.. The nightly build did the trick and I feel a little stupid as to how easy it was to install. When i see code i usually just freak.

Cheers

No worries! XBMC on the ATV1s and ATV2s have introduced a ton of users here to things like SSH for the very first time.
Hi I finally found this forum and have implemented all the instructions as described above. My problem now is that as soon as I start a movie after a few seconds my connection to my wireless network is broken. Does anybody have a clue about the reason for this? And possibly a solution? After been reading for a few days I finally found this workable and easy solution to run xbmc on my atv2 from my iMac and now I am faced with this. Hope someone can help. Thanks Gerry
Big Grin 
Ned Scott Wrote:From the main menu:

Video
select "Library" submenu

Select "Files"

Select "Add Videos"

Select "Browse"

scroll down and select "Add network location"

Change "Protocol" to "WebDAV server (HTTP)"

Server name will be the IP address computer hosting the files

Shared folder can be left blank

Port on MediaMaster Server can be changed but is 8000 by default

Fill out the username and password if you have set one in MediaMaster Server

Select "OK"

Find the entry you just made on the "Browse for new share" list. It will start with "dav://"

Select it. You might see subfolders at this point, but you won't see your files. This is normal. At this point select "OK"

Change the name for this new network share if you wish and then select "OK" again.

If you want to scrape for meta data you can do it at this point.

done.

Thanx Ned !
I followed all the steps mentioned, but XBMC now tells me, that Connection failed. XBMC could not connect to the network location. This may be caused because the network cannot........ Would you like to add anyway?? I cannot find any reason for this. Can you help?
gerdehaas Wrote:I followed all the steps mentioned, but XBMC now tells me, that Connection failed. XBMC could not connect to the network location. This may be caused because the network cannot........ Would you like to add anyway?? I cannot find any reason for this. Can you help?

Sounds like you might have a flaky network connection? Try doing something like the FTP option (mentioned in the sticky about Lion) and see if it happens there too. You might even try downloading a free tv episode on iTunes and try playing it back from the computer to the atv2 in the native player to test the network connection.
Ned Scott Wrote:Sounds like you might have a flaky network connection? Try doing something like the FTP option (mentioned in the sticky about Lion) and see if it happens there too. You might even try downloading a free tv episode on iTunes and try playing it back from the computer to the atv2 in the native player to test the network connection.

Thanks Ned, it works the other way around. I can play everything originating from the iMac to the Atv2 including stuff from iTunes using Airplay, Airfoil etc. It seems that I simply cannot enter the iMac from XBMC. I will have a look at the ftp option.
Hi Guys,

Managed to get MediaManager Server set up with XBMC. Works great with SD content and will play anything other than M4V. (This is HD isn't it?)

Just can't seem to play M4V content with either XBMC or the media player from the aTV flash set up. HD worked very well on Snow Leopard and 4.2.1. on XBMC...and was my player of choice. It just worked flawlessly.

Actually, with this solution, i.e.MMS...I'm getting to the same point as just using Media player from the aTV setup....without a MediaManger server running. So for now...its a lot cleaner just to use Media player and keep away from M4V files.

Is there a known issuie with M4V files at present?

Why did I upgrade?!!!! (well...that's a long story...)

Sad

vintageb3

STOP PRESS

While I was writing this...I had left media player sit on buffering a M4V file....and it managed to play the start of the credits.....then stop just before the start of the movie....so it does play M4V files....but takes ages (like 10 minutes) to buffer M4v files.

Hope this info helps us here with xmbc....as i assume the same will be true with that app.
I think there's an issue with very large files when using this method. I was watching a movie which is 2.20hr long and 720p and .mp4 format. My AppleTV2 was crashed when it was played about 2hour. Then I checked my Mac and saw that Bytes sent was a minus value. Anyone else has this?
I haven't had any issues with HD or large files either.

vintageb3, might want to try again and post a debug log with debugging on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=846403&postcount=4
crustyjuggler Wrote:All working now, thanks.. The nightly build did the trick and I feel a little stupid as to how easy it was to install. When i see code i usually just freak.

Cheers

crustyjuggler: Hi there, please explain what does it mean nightly build... Is it a new version of XBMC? How can I download/install it on my apple TV2. I cannot force XBMC to start to work as posted earlier. When I'm adding new webDAV source it's showing just empty folder...

Thx in advance for your advice.
farlejos Wrote:crustyjuggler: Hi there, please explain what does it mean nightly build... Is it a new version of XBMC? How can I download/install it on my apple TV2. I cannot force XBMC to start to work as posted earlier. When I'm adding new webDAV source it's showing just empty folder...

Thx in advance for your advice.

How to install a nightly on ATV2: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...htly_build

It is normal to see an empty folder when adding any video source. You will not see your files at this stage, only folders. Just add the folder as a video source and when you navigate to it under Files it will have all the videos available.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDAV sharing for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion0