[SKIN] Experia - thoughts on making this into a skin.
Lightbulb 
Hi guys!

I'm working on an idea for a new skin for xbmc. The skin draws inspiration from the various skins allready available (primary: Welo, reFocus). I have just begun to learn skinning so I hope this turns out well, heh. The goal with this is to make it as simple to use as possible, but with a nice clean look. I have posted some early mockups in this thread, so that you can see what's on the drawing board atm.

Ideas are welcome.
Cheers!

Note:
The skin might change later in design - these mockups is only to get the idea of the skin, but I will of cause implement as much of this as possible.

Mockups:

Home Screen:

Image Image

Settings + OSD:

Image Image

Movies:

"Experia View"

Image Image

UPDATE:
Experia skin has gone into developement, for more info, please use the link to it's thread below, thanks.

Experia WIP Thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108038
Reserved.
what is see from one picture i like butt dont use blue have a option to change it to whatever color the user desire's
noiz13 Wrote:what is see from one picture i like butt dont use blue have a option to change it to whatever color the user desire's

Added to wish list. Smile
A little more information on what it will look like. Just going on the one screenshot, It seems like the main view is a movie info screen
isamu.dragon Wrote:A little more information on what it will look like. Just going on the one screenshot, It seems like the main view is a movie info screen

Sure, I'm working on those. I made this view cause I think it's a good way to go throught your content. But there will be other viewtypes, like wall, list etc. Smile
This somehow reminds me on the welo skin. No offence, keep the mockups coming!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:This somehow reminds me on the welo skin. No offence, keep the mockups coming!

I drew some of my inspiration from Welo. Smile
doestergaard Wrote:Sure, I'm working on those. I made this view cause I think it's a good way to go throught your content. But there will be other viewtypes, like wall, list etc. Smile

wall i like wall view from backrow without the stupid curtain thing.
Great a new skin idea and it looks really good so far especially those weather icons.
U did make them yourself? And maybe try and make one mockup full resolution 1080p so I can see how it would look on TV. Smile
Rich colors and nice backgrounds. The weather info looks outstanding
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
This is really nice and very promising Smile

I really like the media flags.
OK since you are using Evan Brooks Token icons it's a sure bet u didn't make those weather icons either. I guess it's fine, but doesn't show your skill as graphics designer.. Or maybe it does.
Big Grin 
Japaja Wrote:OK since you are using Evan Brooks Token icons it's a sure bet u didn't make those weather icons either. I guess it's fine, but doesn't show your skill as graphics designer.. Or maybe it does.

Yes, the icons are made by Token. The same goes for the Settings Screen. Since they are free to use, would it not be more than an honor for him that I use his amazing work? Wink I have made the mockups with iWeb - Can't afford the "real deal", and no i'm not into Photoshop. Either way, it's still my own idea for a skin. Smile
Japaja Wrote:OK since you are using Evan Brooks Token icons it's a sure bet u didn't make those weather icons either. I guess it's fine, but doesn't show your skill as graphics designer.. Or maybe it does.

does it matter? designing your own weather icons is pretty overkill when there are so many resources available. as for icons, they are also widely available and a free to use. im sure the skinner will give credit to the creators.

it seems your putting the designer down by picking at such trivial things. im pretty sure 99% of skins use icons and weather icons from somewhere.

should the skinner be designing his own typeface too?...

as for the skin its looking good, i like the movie info view with the trailer window. keep up the good work, more skins going into production the better!
@doestergaard
I'm sure it would honor him and they weren't made by Token. Token is the name of icons. Smile

@krish_2k4
I said it's fine, just not as "wow" like I first thought and that's why it may have sounded negative, but that comment was just about icons. Also I already said the general idea and looks are good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SKIN] Experia - thoughts on making this into a skin.0