• 3(current)
[NEW] iOS 4.3 Build 8F455 For ATV2 - THIS IS WHY IT'S CRASHING
Awww man.
Every time something is running sweet something happens.
Last nite I tried to update the live online plug in for my iPad but it wouldn't download for some reason and now xbmc won't even start up?
It took me ages to actually get thing to work as I am not that technoloicaly minded so could any please help me step by step on how to get it working again?
Many thanks
Edit iPad version 4.3.4
I got my ATV2 in feb and Jailbroke with GreenPoison with no problem.
Long story short, I had to restore and update. Obviously, myself in this forum understanding where I went wrong.
I have several saved ipsw firmware files including 4.1 and 4.2 but I cant get the ATV2 to restore. Keep gettin Error 3194. If I could restore to earlier firmware, I figured I could use GreenPoison again.
Any suggestions how get past this problem?
groggy Wrote:Awww man.
Last nite I tried to update the live online plug in for my iPad but it wouldn't download for some reason and now xbmc won't even start up?
It took me ages to actually get thing to work as I am not that technoloicaly minded so could any please help me step by step on how to get it working again?
Many thanks
Edit iPad version 4.3.4

I can't send a log as it won't start No
douggoodwin Wrote:I got my ATV2 in feb and Jailbroke with GreenPoison with no problem.
Long story short, I had to restore and update. Obviously, myself in this forum understanding where I went wrong.
I have several saved ipsw firmware files including 4.1 and 4.2 but I cant get the ATV2 to restore. Keep gettin Error 3194. If I could restore to earlier firmware, I figured I could use GreenPoison again.
Any suggestions how get past this problem?

Try jailbraking with Seas0npass instead - http://support.firecore.com/entries/3876...seas0npass
groggy Wrote:Awww man.
Many thanks
Edit iPad version 4.3.4

Please can anyone help?
I'm pretty desperate!
groggy Wrote:Please can anyone help?
I'm pretty desperate!

xbmc won't start if it has corrupt data, so delete that. Not sure on ipad, but on atv you just ssh in there with putty as you did to install it and delete the XBMC directory - rm -r /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC. This is for atv, I guess ipad is the same.

You will have to add your video locations again and scrape the library.
rickrude Wrote:xbmc won't start if it has corrupt data, so delete that. Not sure on ipad, but on atv you just ssh in there with putty as you did to install it and delete the XBMC directory - rm -r /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC. This is for atv, I guess ipad is the same.

You will have to add your video locations again and scrape the library.

Thank you so much for this mate, i was tearing my hair out. I didnt update and had updatebegone installed and couldnt understand why i was crashing. Thought it had updated somehow. looks like my issue was actually corrupted xbmc data - did what you said and I am back up and running. (except i used winscp on a pc).
New update for seasonpass. Would you recommend using this update it says it compatiable withe new 4.3 update!!
I was about to ask a similar question. Jailbreaking my 4.2.1 ATV2 for the first time so I can put XBMC on it but when I try to run Seas0npass it downloads the 4.3 restore ipsw. I cancelled out b/c I don't want my ATV2 to update to 4.3 and then not be compatible with XBMC. Any idea how I can gte Seas0npass to download the 4.2.1 jailbreak and then I can install XBMC and update to 4.3 at a later date when XBMC is 4.3 compatible?
First post on the forum....nice to be here!

I updated both the Apple TV's in my family the other day to 4.3. DOH!!!

I didn't think for one minute it would "break" xmbc.

We upgraded both the computers that these Apple tv's ran off...and because it was a while ago that I sent these ATV's up....i forgot about SMB sharing on the Mac's....and proceeded to upgraded the ATV's.

Stupid ME!!!!!

Now on 4.3...SMB sharing won't work for me with an error message upon opening xmbc.

I've read elsewhere that the developers of xmbc won't be working on getting xmbc to work on 4.3.

Is this true? Are they going to wait till iOS5?

Would be good to know if we are in for a long wait or not.

Thanks for xmbc...it the B's knees!

vintageb3
vintageb3 Wrote:First post on the forum....nice to be here!

I updated both the Apple TV's in my family the other day to 4.3. DOH!!!

I didn't think for one minute it would "break" XBMC.

We upgraded both the computers that these Apple tv's ran off...and because it was a while ago that I sent these ATV's up....i forgot about SMB sharing on the Mac's....and proceeded to upgraded the ATV's.

Stupid ME!!!!!

Now on 4.3...SMB sharing won't work for me with an error message upon opening XBMC.

I've read elsewhere that the developers of XBMC won't be working on getting XBMC to work on 4.3.

Is this true? Are they going to wait till iOS5?

Would be good to know if we are in for a long wait or not.

Thanks for XBMC...it the B's knees!

vintageb3

Have you tried a reinstall of XBMC? I have no idea about whether is works on 4.3, but something trivial like smb sharing broken doesn't sound right. There is a known issue with sharing on OSX Lion..
Smile 
Good news,
Seas0nPass Updated for AppleTV 4.3 (8F455)
http://blog.firecore.com/5180

Jailbreak Apple TV 2G On iOS 4.3 Build 8F455 Untethered Using Seas0nPass
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-appl...eas0npass/
rickrude Wrote:Have you tried a reinstall of XBMC? I have no idea about whether is works on 4.3, but something trivial like smb sharing broken doesn't sound right. There is a known issue with sharing on OSX Lion..

Do you mean a complete un install....then a complete install...then no sir.

I have been in there with ssh and tried to update etc.

Both machines are on OSX Lion, although I do have a dual boot on mine to Snow Leopard...I didn't realise that there was an issue there!...thought it was a 4.3 issue.

Thanks for this....great help...will try a share on SL and see if that helps....although I do get a message from xbmc that the adds are broken upon launch...even before I share anything from an external source.

Thanks for the post!

vintageb3
Since there is Seas0nPass out JB-ing ATV2 on 4.3 can some of the officials say something? Is this topic necessary or it's still unsafe to do update?

Thanks,
S@
I've done the jb yesterday ... and as of a quick test everything is working fine - beside the overflow plugin. It can't remove the main menu entrys anymore. But this is already known and should be fixed - and sometime there will be an update in NitoTV for it ( - but thats unrelated to XBMC of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[NEW] iOS 4.3 Build 8F455 For ATV2 - THIS IS WHY IT'S CRASHING0