Apple tv 2 - resolution problem: 480p instead of 720p
Hey all,

I know that I'm slightly of topic here, but the knowledge base here is outstanding so I am hoping one of you guys can help me.

I have an Apple TV2, an Onkyo SR508 amp and a Optoma HD65 projector.

Now when I connect ATV to my projector using HDMI it outputs 720p no prob.

However when I connect my ATV to my AMP and my AMP with my projector, both also with HDMI, I can only get 480p.

One last strange thing is that when ATV is booting, the first apple logo is in 720p.

Seems like something in my amp is maken my ATV output a lower resolution. Amp works fine with my XBOX360 and digital TV box.

Anybody know about a way to fix this?
This isn't even related to xbmc right? Than you should find another forum for your problem imho...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Interestingly I have a similar issue - although I use a harman kardon AV receiver. It claims to be displaying at 720p but the picture doesn't look sharp enough. I understand this isn't specifically a problem related to XBMC though!
So if you eliminate the AMP's - the picture is always 720p?
If so, you might want to hit the Onkyo site/forums to see if there is Apple TV related issues.
*Bad guess - when the Apple Logo goes off, the signal hdmi signal is restarting, maybe when the sync negotiation is going on, Apple tv and/or amp is not responding correctly and resorts to the most basic connection
***again - bad guess here - just basing this on fleeting messages on LCD tv's I seen with Apple tv's connected to them
I'd check over at AVS forum for detailed help. My quick advice is to experiment with the order you power on your devices. Unfortunately, with the ATV2 being an always-on device, you have less flexibility in this regard. Also, experiment with any video processing options on the AVR, specifically those related to scaling and/or pass-through.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 2 - resolution problem: 480p instead of 720p0