ATV2 buffering issue
I'm a novice at all these kinda things, but I've done a search on this problem and haven't really found anything to help.

Problem: Constant Buffering viewing regular mp4/avi files(non hd) streaming wirelessly from PC to ATV2
Device: Apple TV 2(4.2.2)
Jailbreak: Seas0npass
XBMC Build Version: I just installed the one from NitoTV, I assume its the latest(Will check when I get home)

When I first got xbmc set up it was great for the first week or so, everything was streaming fine. After not using the atv2 for a couple of days I noticed yesterday that all the movies I play start buffering at random throughout the movie and at some point will just crash and I end up back at the folder where the movie is from. NOTE: These are all regular mp4/avi movie files, not HD 1080p or whatever

I didn't change any settings or anything, I just know there was a new update for the atv2 but I have updatesbegone and I turned updates off.

I ran a speedtest on my network but the speed is normal.

Anyone have any ideas?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
ben33400 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

yes thx i was just looking at that
Could you try connecting it directly via ethernet cable? I know it worked before with wireless. But wireless is a floating medium which changes its quality from time to time (ne wlans spawn or other wlans change channels and so on).

The ATV2 WiFi is crap.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Could you try connecting it directly via ethernet cable? I know it worked before with wireless. But wireless is a floating medium which changes its quality from time to time (ne wlans spawn or other wlans change channels and so on).

The ATV2 WiFi is crap.

Not possible at the moment since my pc is in the basement and my atv2 is on the 2nd floor, might give it a shot later on but from what i've read so far alot of people still has the problem even after plugged in directly.

According to the atv2 im still getting 4 bars signal

Thx for the suggestion
A friend of mine has a d-link wireless g router about 3 feet away from ATV2 (other side of a wall) and it kept rebuffering just about everything on XBMC and even caused it to crash.
Running YouTube directly from ATV2 (not through XBMC) seemed to work ok.
Long story short - we drilled hole in wall and ran cable to ATV2 - problem solved

*Probably Wireless G is not fast enough for most of the content it was trying to stream
atari800 Wrote:A friend of mine has a d-link wireless g router about 3 feet away from ATV2 (other side of a wall) and it kept rebuffering just about everything on XBMC and even caused it to crash.
Running YouTube directly from ATV2 (not through XBMC) seemed to work ok.
Long story short - we drilled hole in wall and ran cable to ATV2 - problem solved

*Probably Wireless G is not fast enough for most of the content it was trying to stream

I would do the same if my atv2 was that close. And im using a dlink wireless N

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 buffering issue0