Apple tv 1
I have asked on here but not had any joy, my question is this I have installed xbmc via atv creator xbmc works fine but, I would like to ssh into it, however I have tried cyberduck and a few other programmes, but it will not access atv, is it possible ssh was not enabled when I created the USB tool??

Paul
Did you try WinSCP? That worked for me, frontrow for username and password and all you should need is IP address of your apple tv. Should work.
paul elder Wrote:I have asked on here but not had any joy, my question is this I have installed xbmc via atv creator xbmc works fine but, I would like to ssh into it, however I have tried cyberduck and a few other programmes, but it will not access atv, is it possible ssh was not enabled when I created the USB tool??

Paul

SSH needs to be turned on. IIRC the setting is somewhere in the software menu in Frontrow (before going into XBMC)
When you used ATV USB Creator to make the USB patch stick one of the options was to install "ssh tools". Did you do that?

If so, why not try ssh from the command line:

Code:
Bleach:etc mnewman$ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Last login: Thu Aug  4 09:06:49 2011
-bash-2.05b$ pwd
/Users/frontrow
-bash-2.05b$

Substitute the IP address of your ATV for the one I used. The password is the same as the username "frontrow".

If you didn't install ssh originally, I think your easiest option would be to do it again and make sure ssh is installed.
Guys thanks for the advice. I will try the suggestions here and post back once I have done that.

Paul
Just a quick update guys, following advice, I downloaded the atv USB creator with ssh and launcher and once installed in the atv I was able to ssh into it, thanks again for your help with the best media centre programme

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 10