xbmc starts minimized in the taskbar
I'm going crazy with this.
xbmc starts minimized in the taskbar and no full screen.
If active "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in setting/system/video, system works well but the image is broken when navigating menus.
I can disable this and start full screen on my tv?

V. dharma 10.1
Plis help
By default XBMC uses a DirectX mode that is fast, but that won't share the display with any other program. If another program gets the focus it forces XBMC to minimise. This sounds exactly like what you're seeing.

You don't say how you are starting XBMC. Have you got it running from the Startup folder so it starts when Windows starts? If so it will be some other program that is running at startup and grabbing the focus. The best way to fix this is to use the -d option to make XBMC delay for a few seconds before starting.

If you right click the icon that starts XBMC and choose Properties from the shortcut menu, you'll see a dialog for the shortcut properties and the Target field will contain something like:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Change this to be:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

i.e. append -d 10 to the Target field. This causes XBMC to delay for 10 seconds before starting. You can change the number 10 to reduce or increase the delay as necessary.

JR
jhsrennie:
Quote:You don't say how you are starting XBMC. Have you got it running from the Startup folder so it starts when Windows starts?

Yes, I have a shortcut in the Startup folder edited the following line: C: \ Program Files \ XBMC \ XBMC.exe " -d 15.
Start in full screen but after 1 second is minimized by a strange force.

When active: use maximized window, starts well but falls performance,
i would like to use real full screen and startup correctly
When I get home, the delay in start -d 25

Thank you for your extensive reply, very grateful.
Delay d -25 and works very well now.
thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc starts minimized in the taskbar0