xbmc library refresh ?
hi guys. im fairly new to xbmc but i have a decent grasp of it so far.
however one thing that is annoying me is the refresh options. i have downloaded trailers for all movies in my data base i used media center master to do this, and for the ones it couldn't get (older movies) i manually added them.
how do i refresh my library to check the folders again for added trailers etc.
im using a skin that has a trailer button in top right corner of any movie with a trailer. but i need to refresh library to get the button for the trailers i added manually. they are named correct for xbmc to recognise its a trailer.
example the dark knight.mkv would be the dark knight-trailer.mkv

scan for new content seems to do nothing accept scan for new folders, doesn't seem to scan current folders for new content.

thanks
I believe XBMC is supposed to look locally for a trailer by default when you view the movie info screen.. but it depends on your folder structure as to how they should be named.

If all movies are dumped in the same folder moviename-trailer.ext

if movies are in seperate folders movie-trailer.ext (as opposed to moviename)

Another option is to use XWMM and then enter the trailer details there
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

I put the trailers in the same folder as their movies. If I go to movie info and hit refresh it adds the trailers to my library from each movie refresh. So what I'd like to do is a mass refresh on all movies instead of doing them one by one?
Sadly there is no easy way to do just that. Normally when i make any big changes i just rebuild the entire DB.

You have to weight how many changes you need made versus how many movies you actually have. I have over 1500 movies so if i mess with over 500 of them i just rebuild the DB. When i change 100 or so i just refresh those manually.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

That's what I was thinking all right. Thanks for your help Big Grin
I discovered there is a workaround to do what you want when someone else had the same problem, post 11 has the workaround

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102441
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:I discovered there is a workaround to do what you want when someone else had the same problem, post 11 has the workaround

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102441

Ohh that does sound like a good idea, it basically has to rescan but since everything is pretty much already in place its not a full rebuild.

I might try this next time i make any big updates.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

yeah the workaround looks like a good trick all right i will try it next time im having issues. good findNod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc library refresh ?0