Possibility to playback external AC3 tracks?
Question 
well as the topic states - is it possible to switch the sound playback to a secondary ac3 file (which isn't muxed into the mkv) ?

for example:
i got

movie.mkv <-- movie muxed with chinese audio
movie_en.ac3 <-- external ac3 file with en audio
I created a request ticket for this a couple of months ago, but the xbmc dev that responded to it thought it was pointless. Perhaps if enough people request it, something will be done about it. Here's the ticket.
Why wouldn't you just add the external stream to the MKV? You can have multiple audio tracks in an MKV.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Why wouldn't you just add the external stream to the MKV? You can have multiple audio tracks in an MKV.

JR

As I explained in the ticket, I actually have external audio tracks for offline movies as well.
It would be nice to be able to play back 5.1 AC3 music files such as these:

http://www.lynnemusic.com/surround.html
Experiment suggests these files play fine. You might want to use a playercorefactory.xml to choose DVDPlayer for playing the files. By default they'll be played with PAPlayer. Something like:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="ac3" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

JR
Some positive news?
I would like to change the TMP on XBMC, but unfortunately you need an external audio files.
I need too.

I would not change the files that composes the video to keep the possibility to share him and not segregate the source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility to playback external AC3 tracks?0