XbmcRemoteControl version 2.0
Hello everybody,

After a lot of work, fun (and here and there some frustration) I have released the second version of my remote control for XBMC.

- Connect to multiple XBMC-powered devices
- Browse Music, Movies, TV Show and Picture library
- Remote Control for navigation, now playing, and picture browsing and zooming
- Update libraries
- Switch subtitles
- Available in English, Spanish and Dutch
- Trial mode (all functionality but only a small part of the media items are loaded)
- Completely revamped user interface with new icon set *
- Customizable Start page with animated tiles*
- Pin media to the start page and move and reorder them *
- XBM statistics *
- Folder view for Music and Video *
- Recently added items *
- Search functionality with autocomplete *
- Cache control *
- Media information for the now playing item *
- Performance improvements *
- Improvements to the Remote control *
- Added button to show OSD display *

(*new in 2.0)

I hope you have fun with this new version, and I'm already working on the next version, so if there are any feature requests please let me know.

Thanks!
Where can we get this?
Hello,

I'm sorry I forgot the most important thing, the link to the application:
This is the link to the new Windows Phone Online Marketplace:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/9...e7d1fa76f8
Kenneth,

Nice looking version 2.0, however I'm encountering errors at least on the trial version, haven't purchased it just yet.

REMOTE
Isn't working for me, it does nothing and I am not able to swipe to Now.

Connections
When I tap Connections then on my HTPC to highlight then tap check I get this error, however it does connect...
"Error...Not allowed to call Show()...etc." then the app crashes me out.

I will uninstall and reinstall the trial, if this is just me then ok but if you are hearing others having issues, I'll wait for the fix before buying.

Keep up the great work, I love the new look, Metro all the way very nice.
Hello Steve,

I'm sorry the app is not working.
I haven't encountered the error you are mentioning though and I just tried to reproduce it.
After reviewing the code, I think the error might have something to do with a Review task in trial mode.

I show after a certain time a popup to ask whether you want to rate the app. I think I missed the fact that this is not allowed in trial mode. I'll have to look into it more.

As for the remote: if you cannot slide to now playing it means that the connection was lost. There's a known issue when you have password set on your XBMC that it looses connection more often, you could try to connect without a password (and of course se tyour xbmc to not use a password).

Anyways, I will try to fix these bugs as soon as possible. It can take a while though as the certification takes longer at the moment with a lot of apps updating for the Mango release.

Greetings,
Kenneth
Thanks for the reply Kenneth. I'll give it a shot and will pay the $2 bucks anyway.

Keep up the good work, it's great to see another programmer supporting my favorite phone and XBMC.
I sent you a private email further describing what's happening on my phone. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Steve
Hi,

Just a short notice to inform you that a new version with some major bug fixes is available for download. Most of the problems will be solved with this small update.

I will continue working on a new version and will come soon with more news about the next version. Meanwhile, if there are any feature requests, please let me know.

Hope you enjoy it.
Hello all,

I recently submitted version 3.0. New features:

- Support for the latest nightly build of Eden
- Ability to manually refresh lists
- Ability to show and hide watched items

I hope you have fun with it.
If there are any problems, questions, feature requests, feel free to contact me.
Hello all,

The project now has a home page:

http://www.kenneth-truyers.net/projects/...s-phone-7/

You can enter feature & support requests there.

Greetz,

Kenneth

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XbmcRemoteControl version 2.01