XBMC For Windows Phone 7
Hello all,

I have recently created a new XBMC Remote App because well I like programming :-)

It's cheaper than the ones available and works with XBMC 10.0+. I have created some extra featurs that I thought would be useful which weren't present in the other apps.

Pictures:
The app has full support for pictures, you can download them from XBMC right to your phone, watch a slideshow on your phone and have extensive controls when playing them on the Media Center, like zooming and scrolling ....

Library updates: With one click of the button you can update your music / video library

Subtitles: A button is available to open the subtitles window and select the subtitle you'd like (very handy for us non-native english speakers)

Furthermore, all the basics are available: browsing libraries, remote control, ...

Currently I'm working on some features to be able to pin certain media types to the Start Page and later in Mango also to the phone's start page.

Please let me know iwhat you think of it and if you have any good ideas about new features, requests. I'd be glad to work out something.

Here's a deep link to the application: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=9a2f...c-78e7d1fa76f8

Some screens:

I don't have a WP7, but WoW, you deserve credit for this, good work!
@Adeiko: I can only recommend buying one. I'm in love with it ever since I got it. It rocks :-)

I have just submitted an update to the MarketPlace, which should be available in a few days with some bug fixes and some improvements:

Improvements:
- Visual enhancements for the home screen buttons
- Changed slider behavior and added + and - buttons
- Changed the jump lists so non-available letters are grayed out
- Added an option in the settings for audio feedback, haptic feedback, none or both

Bug fixes:
- Wrong album art is resolved
- Alphabetically sorting is done on items in the different views
- Some crash fixes
hey i tried your app but it seems to lag when using the remote control function, tired it agains mutiple Pcs and no luck. I am on a HD7.
when it is available in my tmobile smartphone for download, i'll give it a try. if there are buttons for both 7mce and xbmc, the app will be rockier. how cool to click xbmc button and 7mce automatically close. just a thought!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@leftspeaker2000: Hi, thanks for trying the app. I have noticed this as well. Unfortunately this is because the windows phone OS shuts down the wifi radio very aggresively to save power. Every time it has to open a new connection it has to switch on the radio again. That's why you sometimes see bursts of commands being sent to XMBC. I have noticed the same behavior in all other remote apps.

I have been looking for a solution but up until now, I haven't found any. I will keep looking but I'm quite pessimistic about this one. I hope you can still enjoy the app.

@bluray: At the moment there's no support for 7mce, but I'll check whether I can implement support for 7mce. Altough I must say with the new features coming up I think the app will become too bloated.

I have been working on a new update and there are a lot of new features coming:

- Shutdown buttons for XBMC
- Wake up buttons for Wake on lan
- XBMC stats page (hard drive, cpu, network, ...)
- Folder view for videos
- Folder view for music
- Mark played items
- Pin and remove media items to the start page
- Drag and reorder commands on the start page
- Recently added page
- Search functionality
- Smarter caching mechanism
- Loads of performance tweaks
- Bug fixes

I will be releasing this in the next weeks. This is a Mango-update so I'm also depending a bit on the Mango-release, but it shouldn't be long now anymore.

Hope you guys have fun with the app. If you have a little bit of patience a lot of goods stuff is coming up. Thanks!
ken- you're on the right track and you had great ideas. please update us here or pm me when it's available for smart phone. i'll try it on three of my windows htpc's.

i uses both xbmc and 7mce. if i can have both options in a single app, it'll be a superb app!
@bluray: This app should already be available in the MarketPlace. It's only for Windows Phone 7 though, so if you don't have a WP7 phone I'm sorry but then you can't use this app.
Just a small update: The application is now available in all the added marketplaces.

Regards,

Kenneth Truyers
Kennethtruyers Wrote:Just a small update: The application is now available in all the added marketplaces.

Regards,

Kenneth Truyers
thanks. i'll check my tmobile smartphone later!
Hello,

I have just finished working on the mango version of my app. At the moment it's still in beta-phase and I'd like some testers to look at it. If you are willing to test it you need to have a developer account. Contact me if you want to BETA-test the app before I release it to the marketplace.

Thanks in advance
Hello all,

I recently submitted version 3.0. New features:

- Support for the latest nightly build of Eden
- Ability to manually refresh lists
- Ability to show and hide watched items

I hope you have fun with it.
If there are any problems, questions, feature requests, feel free to contact me.
I've absolutely in love with the design of Nokia N9 so I am contemplating getting a Nokia Lumia 800 (which has almost identical design).

Will this work on Lumia 800, running Mango? Guess no app is in the works for the N9? Smile
Hi,

Sure this will work on a Nokia Lumia. It will work on every phone with Windows Phone 7+
Hi Kenneth,

I've downloaded your app to my Lumia 800 and I love the design but I'm having some trouble with the app.

Notably the remote works and also the app can find and browse my TV show library but when I click on movies I just get a blank screen.

Additionally is it possible to add features like the iphone app I used to use (can't remember which one I think it was the official one) where you can pick which buttons you wanted in the remote.

A feature I used to use a lot was the subtitles toggle command as for some reason my films always automatically start with subtitles active.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC For Windows Phone 71