• 6(current)
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php
Some news.

I decide to make a front-end and a back-office in the application.

In the front-end, we can modify informations and images for "media" (actors, movies, moviesets, tvshows, episodes ...)

The back-office is for tools and managements (users, search for file not in the library, exportation ...)

Management of moviesets is planed to be completly finish (miss remove movie from movieset and remove movieset in case change (ie: 'Alien' movieset becomes 'Alien - Predator' movieset))

The 'object' for manage sources is not finish yet, i plan to configure the application in a way the more user-friendly it can be done.

I plan to configure the application with only the upload of the 'sources.xml' and the 'advancedsettings.xml' only and must to code the setup process.

No release date for the moment, sorry.
Video of the setup wizard for this application available here : http://tamplan.free.fr/wizard.ogv

The wizard use the languages accepted by the web browser's user and switch automatically between French and English for the moment. English is selected if the language's user is not present.

The wizard creates a new database called 'MyXbmc' and creates the necessary tables and a user called 'xbmc' with the password 'xbmc'.

The wizard permits to configure the application with no need to change any php file.

Some others news and perhaps a beta version to test as soon as possible...
http://www.j1nx.nl/wizard.ogv

Really cool stuff !!!

Keep it up.
Great stuff! I really like to take a testrun soon.
tamplan Wrote:Video of the setup wizard for this application available here : http://tamplan.free.fr/wizard.ogv
Some others news and perhaps a beta version to test as soon as possible...
The wizard is looking really good.

It seems pretty "user friendly" and i think that is what a lot of the fan created tools lack.

At one point Xbmc and Media PCs in general were strictly for ppl who had the patience and technical knowledge to set them up and preform the numerous hacks required to make them function properly.

As technology gets better and the concept of an "appliance like" media pc becomes more and more main stream the user base of Xbmc and its "off-spring" (you know who they are) is becoming less and less technically apt and they are looking for media pc solutions that just work out of the box.

More users isnt a bad thing and we have a very helpful, knowledgeable community here in these forums that is usually able to assist ppl with any problems that arise but some ppl just dont know how to ask properly.

An easy to use wizard for setup will definitly help to prevent some of the oh so tiresome and negative "your stupid program doesnt work cause i cant figure out how to set it up properly" posts that we all love so much.

Anyways keep up the good work its coming along nicely.
This is very cool can't wait for your code
Thumbs Up 
Some news...

This week, i plan to release a beta version of the script, the time for me to translate some strings.

This release is made to work between a client and a server on linux based system ONLY for the moment.

This release is not finished and it's for test purposes only for the moment but it's work.

There are only four files to translate the application.

It's time for me to use XBMC and wath a movie... Big Grin

Some news soon !
Smile
Thumbs Up 
The first beta release unfinished is available at https://github.com/tamplan/Media-Manager...-for-XBMC-

I search only beta-testers for the moment in linux based system installation because i have not coded the application with the differents filesystem (change '/' for '\' for example).

The requirements are the followings:
- clients can be turn on windows or linux system
- the server MUST turn on a linux system
- you need a php server like apache on your server
- the sources can be samba share folders but i have made only tests with mounted file system by nfs.
- I assume you use a folder on the server to centralise the thumbnails.

How to install the application:
- download the archive (see the link at the top of this post) and uncompress it in a folder on the server (typically '/var/ww').
- browse to hxxp://SERVER_IP and follow the four step of the wizard.
- connect to hxxp://SERVER_IP and login (username and password are xbmc) and configure the sources in the administration part of the applicaton to indicate the correspondence between client paths and server paths.
- add a new user account with the credentials you want.

Note: the wizard make a symbolic link to the thumbails folder to access directly the images accross the application.

How to use the application:
- No need to use the application and XBMC at the same time!
- if not logged in, you only can browse between the media (movies, sets, tvshows, actors/actress)
- the application makes his own thumbails in poor quality for the navigation.
- if logged in and can change images, the first time you consult a media page (movie, set or tvshow), the application download ALL the images to choose one, be patient!. You can upload images too.
- if logged in and can infos, you can modify movie order in set, add/delete sets, change tagline and overview.
- download button are not implemented yet
- you can refresh data only for movies for the moment.
- home and dashboard are unfinished for the moment.

Please, be critic and hunt the incorrect strings in the application.

Try to add a source for movies with not use folder for name and browse to hxxp://SERVER_IP/update to add new movies in XBMC, tvshows and episodes update are planned.

I don't manage the music for the moment, sorry.

I hope this long post is correctly written and the application useful, there is a lot of work to perform the application.

Regards
Magny thanks for your First Beta. Is it passive to install ob a qnap Nas ?
ImageImageImage
sb206 Wrote:Magny thanks for your First Beta. Is it passive to install ob a qnap Nas ?

I don't kown.

I forgot to write you need a php server like apache on your system.
It tried it and got following error when i open the address in a browser:

Code:
A Database Error Occurred
Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php

Line Number: 232

Where can i define the database or should that be asked in the wizard?

I'm running an ubuntu server 11.10 with apache and php-mod
Koshu Wrote:It tried it and got following error when i open the address in a browser:

Code:
A Database Error Occurred
Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php

Line Number: 232

Where can i define the database or should that be asked in the wizard?

I'm running an ubuntu server 11.10 with apache and php-mod
Did you follow the wizard process ?
I know what happens, i make an error in the archive.

Re-uploaded in 15 minutes, sorry.
Archive updated and re-uploaded.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php2