• 7(current)
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php
it's working now and i can open the wizard, thanks. I will try it and report back tomorrow, when i set up the mysql server again (haven't used it for some time).

P.S. Still getting one little error, but seems to be just because of missing language support:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: config/config.php

Line Number: 19

If the project is more mature i could help to translate it into german if you want (For a development version french and english is good enough, i think)
Tamplan, now you are getting at the point where you have something to share. You are better of to start managing the source code on github. It will speed up your progress significantly as other are then able to help you out with the simple bugs stuff.

That way you can keep concentration on implementing the still todo features you might have.
Thanks for your hard work, looking forward to getting this working.
When I installed this to "/var/www" and browse to the wizard, I picked english and hit ok but then all I get is a spinning progress wheel,
it never goes to step two. Doesn't give me an error or anything just stays on step one.
Any ideas.
The same here. I can see Point 2. But i can't upload the advancedsettings.xml. What sholud we do?
ImageImageImage
I managed to go to step 2 (uploading an advancedsettings.xml), so i set up my MySQL server again, with two clean databases. This slowed down my xbmc a lot and it was nearly unusable.

Problems with xbmc (has nothing to do with the webinterface, just for information):
Looking deeper into the problem it's because im running an PVR-Version of eden, witch tries to use a database with the name in the advencedsettings.xml but followed by an number. If it founds databases with the same name but without a number, it tries to copy them to a database with number. Unfortunately xbmc has problems when the database is empty and tries endlessly to find a usable database instead of creating one.
Knowing that i deleted the two databases it created before and granted the user xbmc on my mysql server permission to the hole server so it can create the databases with a number (Is this really the way xbmc will work in the future, or just my version? Security issues? No?).
In the end everything on the xbmc side is working again but only with numbered databases.

Now for the Webinterface:
Not knowing if you are already informed about this behavior I tried to upload my normal advancedsettings.xml in step 2. I endet up with only the header and an empty mainframe of the website. Looking into the logfiles the webinterface creates it can't find the databases without numbers (Well there aren't ones of cause). So i wrote a fake advancedsettings.xml pointing directly to the new database (Doesn't work with xbmc, because this creates you databases with numbers after the numbers) and tried again. But after this i still get the same empty website. This time the logfile doesn't tell anything usefull.

Is this because there are addition changes in the tables or something else wrong? At least there is missing feedback to the user if something goes wrong.
Koshu Wrote:I managed to go to step 2 (uploading an advancedsettings.xml), so i set up my MySQL server again, with two clean databases. This slowed down my xbmc a lot and it was nearly unusable.

Problems with xbmc (has nothing to do with the webinterface, just for information):
Looking deeper into the problem it's because im running an PVR-Version of eden, witch tries to use a database with the name in the advencedsettings.xml but followed by an number. If it founds databases with the same name but without a number, it tries to copy them to a database with number. Unfortunately xbmc has problems when the database is empty and tries endlessly to find a usable database instead of creating one.
Knowing that i deleted the two databases it created before and granted the user xbmc on my mysql server permission to the hole server so it can create the databases with a number (Is this really the way xbmc will work in the future, or just my version? Security issues? No?).
In the end everything on the xbmc side is working again but only with numbered databases.

How did you solved it? I am still struggling with it. It appears to be an PVR version bug.
lastimp Wrote:Thanks for your hard work, looking forward to getting this working.
When I installed this to "/var/www" and browse to the wizard, I picked english and hit ok but then all I get is a spinning progress wheel,
it never goes to step two. Doesn't give me an error or anything just stays on step one.
Any ideas.

Hi,

Perhaps, mod-rewrite is missing in your install.
I have the same problem on my Qnap Nas. There is a apache Webserver and my MySql Database. Have you got an idear what the problem is?
ImageImageImage
j1nx Wrote:How did you solved it? I am still struggling with it. It appears to be an PVR version bug.

Delete the databases and let xbmc create them (Make backups if you need them, but maybe you won't be able to use them anyway) This means that you only need to have a user for the Server that can create databases and define the account and how you would like to name your databases in advancedsettings.xml.
Koshu Wrote:Delete the databases and let xbmc create them (Make backups if you need them, but maybe you won't be able to use them anyway) This means that you only need to have a user for the Server that can create databases and define the account and how you would like to name your databases in advancedsettings.xml.

Yes, I presume XBMC is yet configured to use a mysql database.
tamplan Wrote:Yes, I presume XBMC is yet configured to use a mysql database.

It is. But you don't create the databases yourself anymore and they got other names. This behaviour is only valid for eden+pvr, as far as i know. I assume this is because its a testing branch und shouldn't write in databases made from the stable branch.

Still can't go further than step 2 in the webinterface. mod_rewrite is enabled. no errors in log. Any idea what i can do to fix it or is it just because of the "eden+pvr" database?
Koshu Wrote:Delete the databases and let xbmc create them (Make backups if you need them, but maybe you won't be able to use them anyway) This means that you only need to have a user for the Server that can create databases and define the account and how you would like to name your databases in advancedsettings.xml.

Hmm, indeed haven't tried to delete the whole database. Will try it this evening.
Thx.
Koshu Wrote:It is. But you don't create the databases yourself anymore and they got other names. This behaviour is only valid for eden+pvr, as far as i know

This is not a problem, i think i know what's happen.

Check if the user of the sql server can create database.

I need the 'advancedsettings.xml' file only to read it and determine the hostname, username, password and names of the two databases, nothing else.

If names of databases are presents, i use them, else i presume there are MyMusic18 and MyVideo58 lik XBMC do.

In any case, i create another database called MyXbmc, this can not success if the user of the sql server can't create database.

Regards,
The code is available at https://github.com/tamplan/Media-Manager...-for-XBMC-
Ah getting the spinning wheel too :/

Will check apache logs!

EDIT: Think this is probably why:
Quote:[Thu Jan 19 20:02:44 2012] [crit] [client 94.171.146.98] (13)Permission denied: /mnt/cache/.custom/www/nas/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

EDIT2: Fixed permissions on the .htaccess still got the spinning wheel! Will carry on trying! Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php2