Share media over FTP
I've shared my media using an SMB connection and I find that it seems to keep buffering............I've heard that sharing using FTP works better.

I currently have an FTP server set up on my Desktop that friends and family connect to, to download stuff (music, films etc. etc.)

Can I use my existing FTP server to share media to XBMC?? if so, how??

(I run XBMC on an ATV 2)

Thanks in advance
When you add the movies/tv shows as a source go down to Network Location, and you can specify FTP in there...

or edit your sources.xml file directly ...
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
nsviper Wrote:When you add the movies/tv shows as a source go down to Network Location, and you can specify FTP in there...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.will try it in a bit.

Thanks again
nsviper Wrote:When you add the movies/tv shows as a source go down to Network Location, and you can specify FTP in there...

you know where it asks for location, i assume im to add the ip address of my computer ? browse is greyed out
what about user and password ? it asks for it but i dont use a user and pass
I've selected FTP Server (Add Network location) - below it, it says:-

SERVER ADDRESS
REMOTE PATH

But for some reason I'm unable to select anything - all it allows me to do, is to change what network location I want

Help!!
I share my nas ftp server all up and down the cost to friends and family and their XBMC units, it works great.

As far as help setting it up, setting it up for me is no different then smb or anything else.
Still not working....it doesn't allow me to change any settings

HELP!!
ady199 Wrote:I've selected FTP Server (Add Network location) - below it, it says:-

SERVER ADDRESS
REMOTE PATH

But for some reason I'm unable to select anything - all it allows me to do, is to change what network location I want

Help!!

for SERVER ADDRESS you put the SERVER ADDRESS. The IP address. You can use the local network IP address or the IP address you give to everyone else.

put nothing for remote path
keep the port the same.
Ned Scott Wrote:for SERVER ADDRESS you put the SERVER ADDRESS. The IP address. You can use the local network IP address or the IP address you give to everyone else.

put nothing for remote path
keep the port the same.

Thanks for your reply, it looks like it's a bug in the skin (Aeon MQ 2) it doesn't allow you to set any ftp server parameters - I fixed it by going back to the default skin and set the settings there, I then reverted back to the Aeon MQ 2 skin and luckily it remembered the network loccation
ady199 Wrote:Thanks for your reply, it looks like it's a bug in the skin (Aeon MQ 2) it doesn't allow you to set any ftp server parameters - I fixed it by going back to the default skin and set the settings there, I then reverted back to the Aeon MQ 2 skin and luckily it remembered the network loccation

Aaaah. For a moment I thought you had gone crazy :D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share media over FTP0