a question, simple perhaps for me not so much...
Is is possible to convert a viewtype (ie a dvdcovers like view) to work as a home menu view?

As a graphic artist and skin tweaker but a sh*t coder it seems to be outside of my grasp, and since I can easily create dvd like posters for a home screen for the icons (ie movies, tv shows, music etc) I was wondering if anyone has done this yet?

This mostly has stemed from the fact there's a lot of spectacular skins out there but a lack of uniformity is killing me... what do I mean? I would like a poster view available in movies,tv shows,programs,netflix, etc and no one skin seems to standardize the views everywhere. Refocus - excellent movies/tv show views, horrible programs, alaska nice home and programs but videos not as crisp as my preference, fusion bloody spectacular programs,videos,shows,music but a personal nightmare of a home screen.

So...has anyone taken a view from a skin and converted it to a home screen? If so can I see the codebase for a modified home.xml?

The skins with the closest aspects for me is fusion if I can convert a video/program view to home or if one of the 3 metro nxes had at least released a home.xml and I'll cram a video view into them.

Anyways you know me and my work sorry I'm a nitpicky guy.

Thanks for the answers and good luck.
Damon "Demios" Marjanovich
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
It's possible. Only question is how to handle submenues, if those are needed.

As for consistent views - try skin from my signature.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Nope no submenus required... actually just movies,tvshows,programs,music that each point to their prospective library...I'll make the icons/plates

I've checked quartz, fast as heck but the drawback is the front menu is text driven and my kids are so young they just get confused and break stuff...lol
Damon "Demios" Marjanovich
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
Alaska, Ellipsis, Prescence etc ... these skins have symbols on home menu. So make a homescreen like you have in mind is possible. I hope i understood your idea Smile
Have a look at cirrus extended v2 if you haven't tried it ...
marjanovich Wrote:Nope no submenus required... actually just movies,tvshows,programs,music that each point to their prospective library...I'll make the icons/plates

I've checked quartz, fast as heck but the drawback is the front menu is text driven and my kids are so young they just get confused and break stuff...lol

Strange, I have disabled all sumbenu items in my kid's profile (5 and 9) and they have no problem at all. I left only movies and tvshows. Younger one does not read but can tell the section by background used.

I did consider even simpler home alternative and may give it a go when I return from vacation.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a question, simple perhaps for me not so much...0