Newbie questions regarding my setup - please help.
Hi,

just thought of another question.

q) the coverart created by XMBC does it create multiple folders of movie titles and places coverart within the folder OR does it have a single folder with multiple folders with that contain all the art and a link to the movie file?

i.e. on my dune player i use YADIS which creates one single folder with multiple folders that contain all the pics and info etc which then link back to the movie location from the file list.

a5ian300zx
I did build my htpc with this board running nice at 30 watt idle which is what I wanted a low power media centre plus backup. 8tb
a5ian300zx Wrote:q) do i need to install any addtional codecs for XBMC to run properly for .ISO, MKv etc..?

No, XBMC doesn't use any external codecs. Just make sure the video drivers are up to date.

JR
Anth040 Wrote:I did build my htpc with this board running nice at 30 watt idle which is what I wanted a low power media centre plus backup. 8tb

that's great, do you get any stutter with playback? I kept getting stutter on mine.

do you have you graphics card set to multi monitor out? was thier any other setting you changed?

a5ian300zx
jhsrennie Wrote:No, XBMC doesn't use any external codecs. Just make sure the video drivers are up to date.

JR

thanks - I just used the ones from the install CD.

a5ian300zx
just thought of another question and rather than start a new thread i will post on this one.

Q) which codecs does XMBC use? and are they tweaked in anyway for better PQ?

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Hi,

could anyone help me answer me questions please.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ats/Codecs
Ned Scott Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ats/Codecs

Thank you, still need to realise that most answer can be found on the wiki.

a5ian300zx
Hi,

another Q)

Q) are scraper data interchangeable with other scrapers? i.e. can MCM data be used with Media companion?

Thanks
a5ian300zx Wrote:Hi,

another Q)

Q) are scraper data interchangeable with other scrapers? i.e. can MCM data be used with Media companion?

Thanks

I've never used either one of those programs, but as long as the format is right, it doesn't matter what information is contained therein. So, if both of those programs are meant for use with XBMC, no problem. They're just xml files right?
Hi,

thanks for the reply, it dos have a .xml file called mymovies.xml and .nfo .tbn and some .jpg files

is there anyway i can clean my library/folders and remove these files as MCM started to rename my files which i did not like so i have canceled and renamed them back again but want to delete the existing contents in folders first (not the movie or subtitles files)?

a5ian300zx
Hi All,

I have used MCM to do all my movies but i do i get xmbc to display coverart with all the info?

I am using the Aeon skin but cannot see the option anywhere for scraping etc.

a5ian300zx
a5ian300zx Wrote:Hi,

thanks for the reply, it dos have a .xml file called mymovies.xml and .nfo .tbn and some .jpg files

is there anyway i can clean my library/folders and remove these files as MCM started to rename my files which i did not like so i have canceled and renamed them back again but want to delete the existing contents in folders first (not the movie or subtitles files)?

a5ian300zx

The easiest way, on a W7 computer anyway, is just to navigate to the folder you want to work on. In the search bar, type in mymovies.xml and it will show you a list of every file. Hit Ctrl-A and then delete. You can do the same thing basically for everything in that folder. If you wanted to delete all the artwork, type in .jpg and Ctrl-A delete. Then .tbn, etc. I clean up my folders all the time this way, takes about 5 minutes to do every video source folder.
a5ian300zx Wrote:Hi All,

I have used MCM to do all my movies but i do i get XBMC to display coverart with all the info?

I am using the Aeon skin but cannot see the option anywhere for scraping etc.

a5ian300zx

I think when you use MCM, you have to enable it to write the artwork in an XBMC naming format.

I use EMM, it's basically built for XBMC and works perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie questions regarding my setup - please help.0