External Video Player not being started!
I want to use PowerDVD for playing of all my movie files so tried to set it up but for some reason XBMC still uses its own player.

I’ve created a XML file with NotePad++ with below text:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVD" <player type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe </ filename>
<args>”{1}” /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</ Player>
</ Players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob" player="PDVD"/>
</ Rule>
</ Rules>
</ Playercorefactory>

After this I saved it as Playercorefactory.xml in below folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Nescio\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

So can somebody tell me what I’m doing wrongHuh
Try this I've not tested it

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="PDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob" player="PDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hi,

I got PowerDVD11 as external player working recently, you may try my config if you want:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=856...stcount=45
your codes seems to be okay. you might have saved the playercorefactory.xml file in the wrong folder. you need to make sure that it saved to this folder-

C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

note- please pay attention to the bolded Dell because your computer might not be Dell. if the AppData is not available, you might need to select shown hiden folder in control panel
The debug log will tell you what is going wrong. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for how to get at the debug log.

JR
I finally got it to work, I was starting the DVD’s from the Movie tab instead of the Video tab.
Unfortunately the sound and picture stutters so much that it’s not the solution I was looking for in respect to the problem I have, see the thread from below link Sad

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107177

Anyway hereby I like to thank everybody for their help and wish I got the same support in above thread but that one is probably more complicated.

Thanks
Nescio Wrote:I finally got it to work, I was starting the DVD’s from the Movie tab instead of the Video tab.
Unfortunately the sound and picture stutters so much that it’s not the solution I was looking for in respect to the problem I have, see the thread from below link Sad

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107177

Anyway hereby I like to thank everybody for their help and wish I got the same support in above thread but that one is probably more complicated.

Thanks
can you launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. i preset most of everything and it works fine on all my htpc's.
Hi all my problems are solved, not the way I wanted but anyway I finally got surround sound Big Grin

I suddenly remembered I got an old PC on the loft with a Creative SB Audigy Platinum installed.
So I installed this one and everything works just fine, okay I had to use the ugly Audigy Drive as I needed the optical connection but the HTPC is placed in the stair cupboard so who gives a damn.

Anyway hereby I like to thank everybody for their support.

Thanks
bluray Wrote:can you launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. i preset most of everything and it works fine on all my htpc's.
Yes it is great,but can you combine this HD Audio with something more regarding the Video ?
Something like the FFD Show? To be all together?
Thanks for your attention
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Yes it is great,but can you combine this HD Audio with something more regarding the Video ?
Something like the FFD Show? To be all together?
Thanks for your attention
it work fine "as is". i playback multiple bd m2ts, iso and mkv files with dts-hd/truehd at full 1080P flawless!

i updated slightly- xbmc_hd_audio
bluray Wrote:it work fine "as is". i playback multiple bd m2ts, iso and mkv files with dts-hd/truehd at full 1080P flawless!

i updated slightly- xbmc_hd_audio
Good morning and thank you very much.....
The problem now is that i can not run it.It gives me the message that the SDL.dll is missing.
What i am doing wrong?
Thanks again
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning and thank you very much.....
The problem now is that i can not run it.It gives me the message that the SDL.dll is missing.
What i am doing wrong?
Thanks again
if you haven't install darma 10.1, you can install it from here: darma 10.1. but when you launch xbmc, you need to launch it from the above post to use hd audio version.

if you still have problem after you do all the above, please post the log. i'm almost certain that there is issue with library redistribute. it's hard to say for sure what cause sdl.dll error but i think that you might need to download this package to solve it- ms redistribute package, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Video Player not being started!0